The Student Room Group

too cold to study

Can someone give me advice pleaseee...
I have exams soon and cant sttudy because its extremely cold rn. Its usually like 15 to 18 degrees Celsius, but its winter rn and its 10 degrees Celsius. I get so cold that i cant move at night and cant study. And since i have school and tuition, night is the only time i have to study..
Wear layers of clothing or a coat? Or use a heater
Original post by Sara22222
I have exams soon and cant sttudy because its extremely cold rn. Its usually like 15 to 18 degrees Celsius, but its winter rn and its 10 degrees Celsius. I get so cold that i cant move at night and cant study. And since i have school and tuition, night is the only time i have to study..

Hey @Sara22222!

I'm also a cold person so I feel your pain!

I tend to put some fluffy socks on and a blanket when I'm cold and make a hot drink.
You can sit at your desk all wrapped up and do your notes there

If I'm still cold after that I'll turn my heater on for 10 minutes or so to warm the room up
You could also try using a hot water bottle!

I hope this helps:smile:
Eloise - Official Student Rep
I'll watch this thread as my school is keeping all doors and windows open into winter for Covid safety.
Original post by Rufus the red
I'll watch this thread as my school is keeping all doors and windows open into winter for Covid safety.

You could wear a long sleeve T-shirt under your shirt when you are at school :smile:
Also would you be allowed to take a flask with a hot drink in with you?

Reply 5
Original post by Sara22222

I know the struggle! My old student flat was absolutely freezing - one morning I found ice had formed in the bottom of the washing up bowl :biggrin:
Do you have hot water? I find when I start getting cold, having a super hot shower (even only for a couple minutes) helps warm me up for the next few hours. I also used to sit at my desk in my sleeping bag which was nice and cosy! A cosy dressing gown with a hood helps as well. And hot drinks.
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
You could wear a long sleeve T-shirt under your shirt when you are at school :smile:
Also would you be allowed to take a flask with a hot drink in with you?

We don't have school uniform so I'll probably end up wearing a hoodie on top (and I'll have to stop wearing shorts through winter) but we're only going to be allowed beanies as hats (stupid I know) and you aren't allowed any drinks other than water in class.
We also aren't allowed inside at lunch and break as the indoor areas are just for the other year groups now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending