The Student Room Group

everything is going wrong

feel defeated. in my gap year. did my ucat after so much preparation and scored 2460 and band 3. a'levels from CAGs: A psych, B bio, C chem, A epq. re-sitting chemistry next summer and biology this year. thought I was going to smash my ucat and now I'm just all over the place. self confidence is low. feeling lost, and what not. any advice would be appreciated, or any sort of guidance. feel like everything I work for just doesn't work out. 2020 hasn't been my year. I'm usually very optimistic but now...
It's hard to get over a disappointment, but your UCAT score is still good enough for many medical schools. Band 3 is good enough too. Research how medical schools weight aspects of your application and apply strategically, to your strengths. Write yourself a glowing personal statement. Have you thought of applying to one or two BMAT universities? That exam might suit you better. (Try BMAT Ninja.)

Try not to feel down. Universities recognise it's been a tough year. Who knows how that will affect the application process? At the moment, it's even more important than usual to focus on what you can control - not on the things you can't control. Double down, think about your best next steps. You're not defeated until you decide to give up - so don't!
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest