The Student Room Group

I need your opinion on this please

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daryl_01
Kudos. I also know about life but I still don't see the relevance since I didn't ask

There is no relevance
Original post by Scottishlad888
There is no relevance

:frown: Then, you got me confused for nothing. I kept going back to see if I missed something. lol
Original post by Ackhnologia
@Moonbow
Would like your viewpoint too😊

Of course! More than happy to help :hugs:
For me, it’s not my preference, I prefer to look for kindness in anyone over looks or bravado, but of course it’s not anyone’s fault if they do.
I think in most cases I’ve seen it’s the girl who feels insecure in themselves, and this can make them feel more secure? I’m not really sure! :redface:
:frown: Then, you got me confused for nothing. I kept going back to see if I missed something. lol

OMG l am confused now as well
Hi everyone
I do not know, but I am quite sure that this question has been asked before. But I wanted to ask it again. It makes my head spin each time I think about it. Why are so many girls/women attracted to the "bad boy". I am quite sure many guys want to know the answer too.
Is it because they like that kind of guys?
Is it because they like to be treated like trash?
Is it because they feel understood by that kind of guys?
Is it because, generally, those guys are quite handsome most of the time (tall, muscular, six pack abs)?
Is it because they find them sexy (their dark mysterious appeal)?
Is it because they feel like they could be the one who could "save" that kind of guys from their "dark side". So they want to feel like the special one, the one who changed the bad guy?
Is it because they find them strong and more manly?
Please, keep in mind that I am not generalising. I know not all women are like that.
But I feel like out 5 women, 4.5 have been or want to be with the bad guy.
At the end of the day, after having been toyed with and having their heart completely broken, they end up:
- continuing to persue those guys
- deciding to become feminazis and shouting all men should be killed.
- deciding to become the bad girls now, toying and destroying as many men as possible. And this as a revenge; while forgetting they were the ones going after those bad guys and knowing that those guys were not good for them.
Please as I said before, keep in mind that I am not generalising.
I would like men and women opinion on this please.

I have been with a guy like this who was very manipulative, abusive and unempathetic. Basically at first I was conned into thinking that he was a good guy and then when he started treating me badly I thought things might get better again if I supported him, but in the end he never really cared about me so I had to let him go. I wasn't in llve with who he was, I was in love with who I wanted him to be (kind, thoughtful, devoted etc). I was also very desperate to make things work as this was the first time a guy had taken interest in me so I thought I had to put up with anything I could get. I wish so much that he had been a different person and that things would have worked out. I think a lot of girls get sucked into this cyle. Guy is very nice -> Guy feels entitled -> guy gets abusive -> girl still clings to the idea of the good guy.
Original post by Pomello
I have been with a guy like this who was very manipulative, abusive and unempathetic. Basically at first I was conned into thinking that he was a good guy and then when he started treating me badly I thought things might get better again if I supported him, but in the end he never really cared about me so I had to let him go. I wasn't in llve with who he was, I was in love with who I wanted him to be (kind, thoughtful, devoted etc). I was also very desperate to make things work as this was the first time a guy had taken interest in me so I thought I had to put up with anything I could get. I wish so much that he had been a different person and that things would have worked out. I think a lot of girls get sucked into this cyle. Guy is very nice -> Guy feels entitled -> guy gets abusive -> girl still clings to the idea of the good guy.

I'm glad you could let him go. It takes courage to stop hoping for good in a bad person. I hope you find the right one for you.
What? I wasn't saying you labelled anyone or judged any guy. I think you misunderstood me. I understand what you meant, and in response to your question, I can't speak for other girls. I can only say that personally, I will NEVER be with a bad boy. I respect myself too much to be with someone who can't respect me and my worth. That was my answer to your question.

The purpose of the rest of my message was just to give a different viewpoint on the topic. There are people who wrongfully label some guys as bad boys because they look or act a certain way. And to those people, I was saying not all people who look like bad boys are actually bad boys. Also, I gave my experience of such a situation to explain what I mean by this. The message wasn't directed towards you so you can ignore it.

Well, awfully sorry then.
I misunderstood you.
I thought You said I was being judgemental.
Awfully sorry again...
Original post by Pomello

Well
First of all, thank you so much for sharing that story of yours🙏
Your story is exactly what exactly the type of scenario I thought about when doing this thread.
Well, your story will serve as a warning for those you think that being with that kind of is a dream, or as they call it "a phase" they must go through...
I am also happy you got the courage to get off that situation.
Hope you will find the right man soon.😊🙏
Original post by Moonbow
Of course! More than happy to help :hugs:
For me, it’s not my preference, I prefer to look for kindness in anyone over looks or bravado, but of course it’s not anyone’s fault if they do.
I think in most cases I’ve seen it’s the girl who feels insecure in themselves, and this can make them feel more secure? I’m not really sure! :redface:

Oh thank you so much for answering😊🙏
Oh well, I think you got a point there. I do not know if it is really how it is, but well I think you might be right.
Well, awfully sorry then.
I misunderstood you.
I thought You said I was being judgemental.
Awfully sorry again...

No problem at all. I wasn't offended.
Hi everyone
I do not know, but I am quite sure that this question has been asked before. But I wanted to ask it again. It makes my head spin each time I think about it. Why are so many girls/women attracted to the "bad boy". I am quite sure many guys want to know the answer too.
Is it because they like that kind of guys?
Is it because they like to be treated like trash?
Is it because they feel understood by that kind of guys?
Is it because, generally, those guys are quite handsome most of the time (tall, muscular, six pack abs)?
Is it because they find them sexy (their dark mysterious appeal)?
Is it because they feel like they could be the one who could "save" that kind of guys from their "dark side". So they want to feel like the special one, the one who changed the bad guy?
Is it because they find them strong and more manly?
Please, keep in mind that I am not generalising. I know not all women are like that.
But I feel like out 5 women, 4.5 have been or want to be with the bad guy.
At the end of the day, after having been toyed with and having their heart completely broken, they end up:
- continuing to persue those guys
- deciding to become feminazis and shouting all men should be killed.
- deciding to become the bad girls now, toying and destroying as many men as possible. And this as a revenge; while forgetting they were the ones going after those bad guys and knowing that those guys were not good for them.
Please as I said before, keep in mind that I am not generalising.
I would like men and women opinion on this please.

It's a number of different things. A lot of women are raised to never break the rules and be nice all the time so dating the bad boy gives them an easy way to explore a different side of themselves and feel some excitement.

Other times they might want protection. For people that live in a really rough area, allying themselves with tough people might be a way of staying safe.

And others just really enjoy the drama of dating a guy that treats them like ****. Let's just say that for most people happiness and kind words feel amazing after a fight. Makeup sex anyone? Those men are just exploiting that piece of psychology.

Another good point to know is that some of these guys started out really nice and **** happens so they become horrible later on. These women still see them as good because they were decent at one point but have only suddenly become mean.

Another big reason is that bad boys are often very popular. They usually have a lot of friends and connections. Socialbility is really important to a lot of women, and these guys give them basically a pre made group of mates. They then fear leaving when things get bad because they don't want lose all their friends.

I do disagree with your feminazi and becoming 'bad girls' narrative. Feminazis and manipulative girls come from different situations. Some abused by family members as children or just had really *****y parents that didn't pass on great values to them. It's not dating one bad man that pushes them to that.

Most guys are decent anyway so maybe stop focusing on girls with messy relationships and look for women who are actually available?

This entire post is really just soapboxing though and you seem to do it a lot on TSR. Next time just ask the question instead of listing a bunch of assumptions based on 'personal experience' before you have any real answers.
(edited 3 years ago)
No problem at all. I wasn't offended.

Okay
Original post by san_cisco
It's a number of different things. A lot of women are raised to never break the rules and be nice all the time so dating the bad boy gives them an easy way to explore a different side of themselves and feel some excitement.

Other times they might want protection. For people that live in a really rough area, allying themselves with tough people might be a way of staying safe.

And others just really enjoy the drama of dating a guy that treats them like ****. Let's just say that for most people happiness and kind words feel amazing after a fight. Makeup sex anyone? Those men are just exploiting that piece of psychology.

Another good point to know is that some of these guys started out really nice and **** happens so they become horrible later on. These women still see them as good because they were decent at one point but have only suddenly become mean.

Another big reason is that bad boys are often very popular. They usually have a lot of friends and connections. Socialbility is really important to a lot of women, and these guys give them basically a pre made group of mates. They then fear leaving when things get bad because they don't want lose all their friends.

I do disagree with your feminazi and becoming 'bad girls' narrative. Feminazis and manipulative girls come from different situations. Some abused by family members as children or just had really *****y parents that didn't pass on great values to them. It's not dating one bad man that pushes them to that.

Most guys are decent anyway so maybe stop focusing on girls with messy relationships and look for women who are actually available?

This entire post is really just soapboxing though and you seem to do it a lot on TSR. Next time just ask the question instead of listing a bunch of assumptions based on 'personal experience' before you have any real answers.

At the beginning I thought you were just listing some points that I thought was quite understandable.
At the end you just attack me.
If you do not like my threads do not answer you are not obliged to.
It is my thread I write what I want. You do not know me personally so stop judging on the way I write my threads.
I have always try to be polite and respectful to anyone here. You are not obliged to like me nor my threads. If you do not like you just ignore.
End of discussion.
Original post by san_cisco

I quoted you because you had replied on one of my thread. And I appreciated it. So wanted your opinion on this.
But if you do like my way of doing things just leave. I will never bother you again by quoting you again.
At the beginning I thought you were just listing some points that I thought was quite understandable.
At the end you just attack me.
If you do not like my threads do not answer you are not obliged to.
It is my thread I write what I want. You do not know me personally so stop judging on the way I write my threads.
I have always try to be polite and respectful to anyone here. You are not obliged to like me nor my threads. If you do not like you just ignore.
End of discussion.

It's not about liking anything or anyone. Dude there was nothing wrong with the question but you will rub people the wrong way by coming at it from a biased viewpoint. These questions are good discussion and should be had. Just make your conclusions after people have answered not before.
Well
First of all, thank you so much for sharing that story of yours🙏
Your story is exactly what exactly the type of scenario I thought about when doing this thread.
Well, your story will serve as a warning for those you think that being with that kind of is a dream, or as they call it "a phase" they must go through...
I am also happy you got the courage to get off that situation.
Hope you will find the right man soon.😊🙏

Thanks, it was really not the situation I thought I was getting into. In the end his ex got in contact with me and supported me in leaving him (he had blackmailed her when she left him). Moral of the story is don't give up your values and don't let anyone cross your boundaries. 😊
Original post by Pomello
Thanks, it was really not the situation I thought I was getting into. In the end his ex got in contact with me and supported me in leaving him (he had blackmailed her when she left him). Moral of the story is don't give up your values and don't let anyone cross your boundaries. 😊

Well
Thank you so much🙏
I will keep that in mind
Thank you😊🙏
@Chopinnocturne31 it is you that I wanted to tag instead I tagged a dupe account😅

Lol I have no clue. I'm not attracted to "bad boys" but it's probable because of a mix of all the things you listed in your OP :smile:
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
Lol I have no clue. I'm not attracted to "bad boys" but it's probable because of a mix of all the things you listed in your OP :smile:

Thank you for taking your time to answer
I am grateful🙏😊
Oh well
I do not but I mean
Do some women really like to be treated poorly? Just because the guy is bad guy?
It seems so odd to me
Thank you for taking your time to answer
I am grateful🙏😊
Oh well
I do not but I mean
Do some women really like to be treated poorly? Just because the guy is bad guy?
It seems so odd to me

You’re welcome :smile:

Some girls have such low self esteem that they don’t realise that they deserve better. It’s not necessarily that they enjoy being treated poorly.
Also, sometimes The idea of a bad guy can be appealing to some, when it isn’t so much in reality

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending