The Student Room Group

New Work Coaches 2020

Scroll to see replies

I, currently, feel like an imposter in this group. I'm not quite a fully fledged work coach yet (checks pending) 😬
Original post by Chantybanty45
I, currently, feel like an imposter in this group. I'm not quite a fully fledged work coach yet (checks pending) 😬

Me too 😅
Original post by Chantybanty45

I also feel like this :frown:
Reply 23
Original post by Ails757
I’m due to start on Monday and received a call from my job centre yesterday to confirm date and time, however my daughter has what appears to be a throat infection and as has a temperature had a Covid test yesterday...... still awaiting results but if positive I can’t start on 19th😩 I’m in July campaign for Glasgow and hoping if worst happens they have an intake on 2nd Nov which allows for 14 days self isolation as I finished with my previous employer yesterday.....

oh no! I hope nothing gets in the way of your start date! This is what has been worrying me too,,,, with the situation the way it os anything to could happen, if we go into full lockdown maybe we can do the training from home? Who knows, I guess this is why they have kept us holding on....Our household are self-isolating at the moment and that will be over next week, but imagine if that happens during training? I cannot afford to not go to work as long as the government are only paying UC, after 7 months without a job a lot of people are in a tricky situation. My household are isolating as the NHS sent a letter as one person is having a routine procedure next week....and ALL of us have to isolate for 7 days prior! Which I understand but what about people's jobs??
I'm not technically lol still gotta wait for my contract 😊
Reply 25
Thanks for setting this up, great idea! I start in Glasgow on the 26th :smile:
Great idea having this here.
Maybe you guys can help, I have 3 provisional offers for September campaign which are all closer to my home. Currently going through my preemployment checks. Started 30th September.
I have been pulled off reserve list for July campaign and given a start date the same day and told to respond by Monday whether I m accepting or not. I'm a bit bothered because I want the ones closer but the clause on the offer for September campaign got me worried of possibility of going on reserve list again.
What do you guys suggest and anyone had similar dilemma?
Starting on Monday in London - had a call from my new manager on Thursday and there's 3 of us starting at this particular JCP with 3 every Monday for the next few weeks. Haven't yet received my formal job offer but have been notified that I’ve passed all my pre employment so I guess I shall try and be patient for my contract!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by BatterseaBoy
Starting on Monday in London - had a call from my new manager on Thursday and there's 3 of us starting at this particular JCP with 3 every Monday for the next few weeks. Haven't yet received my

Congratulations!!
Starting on Monday in London - had a call from my new manager on Thursday and there's 3 of us starting at this particular JCP with 3 every Monday for the next few weeks. Haven't yet received my

Oooo you're first in. Congratulations. You'll have to give us the lowdown
Starting on Monday in London - had a call from my new manager on Thursday and there's 3 of us starting at this particular JCP with 3 every Monday for the next few weeks. Haven't yet received my formal job offer but have been notified that I’ve passed all my pre employment so I guess I shall try and be patient for my contract!

If you don't mind sharing - what region of London is this? Thank you!
Hi Everyone
I've been a bit of a lurker on the last thread. Basically mirroring Gaynors journey (almost blow by blow, although in East Anglia) and have been so grateful for the info I got from you all.

Finally got my contract on Wednesday evening and I start on the 9th November. I got a bit concerned as my Gaynor yardstick hadn't got hers - so have been waiting on tenterhooks for her offer to finally arrive - am so happy it now has :biggrin:

Feel a bit odd being on a student forum but it's been sooo helpful - so just wanted to say thanks all here who have been on this marathon with me :biggrin:
Original post by Gaynorw0301
Hi all! Thought I'd set up a thread for all of us starting our new jobs. So we can keep in touch and still support each other after the recruitment process is done.

Fabulous idea as I have been on an almost identical path to you - so glad you got your offer :biggrin:
Original post by fleurette3
Hi Everyone
I've been a bit of a lurker on the last thread. Basically mirroring Gaynors journey (almost blow by blow, although in East Anglia) and have been so grateful for the info I got from you all.

Finally got my contract on Wednesday evening and I start on the 9th November. I got a bit concerned as my Gaynor yardstick hadn't got hers - so have been waiting on tenterhooks for her offer to finally arrive - am so happy it now has :biggrin:

Feel a bit odd being on a student forum but it's been sooo helpful - so just wanted to say thanks all here who have been on this marathon with me :biggrin:

Ahhh you're the only other person I've seen who is East Anglia! Did your checks take long to complete? Also congrats!
Original post by Maxtalks
Ahhh you're the only other person I've seen who is East Anglia! Did your checks take long to complete? Also congrats!

Hey

I think they took around 9 days in all - and thanks for the congrats - its appreciated :biggrin:
I got provisional offer for the North East yesterday - I was in reserve list - though no changes on portal yet, so I shall wait with baited breath and not believe it until it changes!

Is anyone in the Universal Credit Essentials Facebook group? It’s worth joining as I found out so much about UC from there (as I was switching!). But new WCs might find it helpful re cases and what’s right and isn’t - as an awful lot of people wrongly recieved deductions/aren’t awarded or made aware of extra elements they can claim.

UCE have recently been awarded charitable status and there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst all the admins regarding legislation etc relating to UC. They regularly help people get their entitlements, owed back pay etc so we’ll no doubt come across them at some point :smile:
Hi Everyone

Fabulous idea as I have been on an almost identical path to you - so glad you got your offer :biggrin:

Awww brilliant. Im so glad you got your job! I'm still waiting for my formal offer to go online. Im hoping it will be on tomorrow.
😍🥰
Original post by Gaynorw0301
Awww brilliant. Im so glad you got your job! I'm still waiting for my formal offer to go online. Im hoping it will be on tomorrow.
😍🥰

Oh I do hope so Gaynor - would be good to get everything tidied up so you can relax for a bit before you start. I can't wait to get started now - like you I have had a period of unemployment also and I need to feel useful again x
Original post by PrittyVacant
I got provisional offer for the North East yesterday - I was in reserve list - though no changes on portal yet, so I shall wait with baited breath and not believe it until it changes!

Is anyone in the Universal Credit Essentials Facebook group? It’s worth joining as I found out so much about UC from there (as I was switching!). But new WCs might find it helpful re cases and what’s right and isn’t - as an awful lot of people wrongly recieved deductions/aren’t awarded or made aware of extra elements they can claim.

UCE have recently been awarded charitable status and there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst all the admins regarding legislation etc relating to UC. They regularly help people get their entitlements, owed back pay etc so we’ll no doubt come across them at some point :smile:

This is a great shout, thank you for this!
Reply 39
Anyone internal starting in Scotland on 2nd Jan?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending