The Student Room Group

New Work Coaches 2020

Scroll to see replies

Which area of London Lorraine? New WC roles for South London went up yesterday on Civil Services Jobs - best thing to do is to register there and create an email alert for new roles.
Hi guys !! Sorry if this has been asked already, but on your first day (as you’re required to bring your documents) do they scan them? Or is it literally just to look at them? I know this sounds weird but I promise there’s a method and reason to my madness haha
Reply 1182
Original post by graceyfelz
Hi guys !! Sorry if this has been asked already, but on your first day (as you’re required to bring your documents) do they scan them? Or is it literally just to look at them? I know this sounds weird but I promise there’s a method and reason to my madness haha

In my case they photocopied them after checking the originals to be the same as the online copies I submitted and showed at RTW. Take your P45 too if you have one.
(edited 3 years ago)
does anyone know what or if we get any allowance for a chair / desk for a home setup. I start on Monday and had a phone call today saying i'll be in office for 4 days then rest of training will be done from home??

Also does anyone know if there is a thread setup where we can all try and support each other whilst in training/ come online after completing our training?

thanks in advance guys and good luck to all those who have started this week and those looking to start,x
Has anyone recently started in the Hull office?
Original post by Yorkshire_x
Has anyone recently started in the Hull office?

I haven't started yet but I'll be starting in Hull on the 22nd 😊
Original post by _ruby_
I haven't started yet but I'll be starting in Hull on the 22nd 😊

Oh well done. I’m starting on 15th. I was just unsure about access to the building. Do you know if we just use the job centre to access?
Oh well done. I’m starting on 15th. I was just unsure about access to the building. Do you know if we just use the job centre to access?

Yeah I was actually wondering the same thing! I was going to try call the person who offered me the job to see if they know - but I was thinking to just go to the job centre door and call the office as I'm thinking it'll be closed until they open at 10 (current Google opening times apparently)

Glad I'm not the only one wondering about this 🤣
Original post by _ruby_
Yeah I was actually wondering the same thing! I was going to try call the person who offered me the job to see if they know - but I was thinking to just go to the job centre door and call the office as I'm thinking it'll be closed until they open at 10 (current Google opening times apparently)

Glad I'm not the only one wondering about this 🤣

Definitely not the only one! I worry about the most stupid things. I just hate awkward situations haha! Well if you do speak to anyone and find out let me know!
Hey does anyone know of someone who has received a formal offer of employment but needs a Skilled Worker visa sponsorship to continue working for the DWP?

Would say use the same entrance as the public on your first day, then after then you will access the building via a staff entrance with a security swipe card - assuming all Job Centres work in the same way
Original post by ToddHoffman
Would say use the same entrance as the public on your first day, then after then you will access the building via a staff entrance with a security swipe card - assuming all Job Centres work in the same way

Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 1192
Hi, I’ve just come across this thread. I’ve been invited for a video interview. Can anyone shed some light on what kind of questions to expect and prep for? Please pm me! Good day all!
Hi is anyone starting in Telford on 8th/15th?
Hey does anyone know of someone who has received a formal offer of employment but needs a Skilled Worker visa sponsorship to continue working for the DWP?
Original post by Zach8989
does anyone know what or if we get any allowance for a chair / desk for a home setup. I start on Monday and had a phone call today saying i'll be in office for 4 days then rest of training will be done from home??

Also does anyone know if there is a thread setup where we can all try and support each other whilst in training/ come online after completing our training?

thanks in advance guys and good luck to all those who have started this week and those looking to start,x

Yes, you get an allowance which is around £200 (at my location).

And as for a support thread - I promise you, you’ll love your new team at work, that you’ll end up chatting away with them on Teams for any support :smile:
Definitely not the only one! I worry about the most stupid things. I just hate awkward situations haha! Well if you do speak to anyone and find out let me know!

The public entrance will be open for staff, don’t worry☺️

This was my first week and we used the staff entrance in the morning and after work each day
Original post by Sa05y1
The public entrance will be open for staff, don’t worry☺️

This was my first week and we used the staff entrance in the morning and after work each day

Hey, hope your first week is going well! Your based in Nottingham aren’t you? Where is the new office? Is it all working from the office or any working from home? I’m still on reserve list but hoping I’ll be called soon!
Original post by Shanrya
Hey, hope your first week is going well! Your based in Nottingham aren’t you? Where is the new office? Is it all working from the office or any working from home? I’m still on reserve list but hoping I’ll be called soon!

Noooo, I’m actually based at a London location 😬
We did 4 days of induction at the office and today we begin WFH until our new site opens in April.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Sa05y1
Noooo, I’m actually based at a London location 😬
We did 4 days of induction at the office and today we begin WFH until our new site opens in April.

Oops that’s me getting confused with someone else on here 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending