The Student Room Group

Taking A level computer science

I'm in year 11 and want to take A level computer science but am not doing it for GCSE. I am predicted 8s for all sciences (triple) and 8 for maths. Do I need to do Computer Science GCSE to do A level or will i be ok? I am also worried about not knowing any of the prior knowledge of GCSE that is probably needed, however i do have a knowledge of the basic terms and basic ideas about logic circuits, and a bit about html and python too. help
Original post by compsci12908
I'm in year 11 and want to take A level computer science but am not doing it for GCSE. I am predicted 8s for all sciences (triple) and 8 for maths. Do I need to do Computer Science GCSE to do A level or will i be ok? I am also worried about not knowing any of the prior knowledge of GCSE that is probably needed, however i do have a knowledge of the basic terms and basic ideas about logic circuits, and a bit about html and python too. help

Unless your college explicitly says you need the GCSE, you'll be fine. At both GCSE and A Level, CompSci isn't available to everyone. As a right up to degree level you'll find there are some assumptions of no prior knowledge.

Worst case scenario, you start A Level CompSci and find it's a bit difficult, so have to put a bit more effort in.
Reply 2
Original post by compsci12908

Well my sixth for did say they prefer it but i person in my class didn't do it
so it think it just depends on the collage or sixth form

Quick Reply

Latest