The Student Room Group

Can universities see your detentions?

today me and a few friends skipped last period (pe)- we all got put in after school detention. I'm in year 11 and this is the first time I have had a detention, I'm a great student, I'm predicted 9s in everything, don't talk during lessons, have nerdy ass friends, but I felt I'd missed out on a significant part of my childhood by never having done anything remotely rebellious (I don't go out with friends, never touched alcohol or cigarettes, asked my mum if I could miss pe so she would know I was safe)
I want to go to Oxford, Cambridge, ect. can they see this poor decision and would it hurt my chances?
Original post by haughtycandy
today me and a few friends skipped last period (pe)- we all got put in after school detention. I'm in year 11 and this is the first time I have had a detention, I'm a great student, I'm predicted 9s in everything, don't talk during lessons, have nerdy ass friends, but I felt I'd missed out on a significant part of my childhood by never having done anything remotely rebellious (I don't go out with friends, never touched alcohol or cigarettes, asked my mum if I could miss pe so she would know I was safe)
I want to go to Oxford, Cambridge, ect. can they see this poor decision and would it hurt my chances?

no. stop worrying.
If universities could see all our detentions none of us would get in!
They won't care.
brudha they won't know and they won't care. they just want to know how passionate you r bout Ur chosen subject and what grades u got. trust me, I have been excluded once for a week during GCSE brudha, also I been in many detentions as I have never done homework during GCSE. so plz don't worry
Reply 5
The only "connection" between schools, you and universities is the reference on the UCAS application written by your teachers (usually A-level subject teachers). But no matter how *****y a student has been, schools always try to big up their students as much as possible on there.
As far as I know they only get a report on which teachers you fancied and what crimes you thought about committing at school.

Quick Reply

Latest