Can universities see your detentions?

Watch
haughtycandy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
today me and a few friends skipped last period (pe)- we all got put in after school detention. I'm in year 11 and this is the first time I have had a detention, I'm a great student, I'm predicted 9s in everything, don't talk during lessons, have nerdy ass friends, but I felt I'd missed out on a significant part of my childhood by never having done anything remotely rebellious (I don't go out with friends, never touched alcohol or cigarettes, asked my mum if I could miss pe so she would know I was safe)
I want to go to Oxford, Cambridge, ect. can they see this poor decision and would it hurt my chances?
perplexed turtle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by haughtycandy)
today me and a few friends skipped last period (pe)- we all got put in after school detention. I'm in year 11 and this is the first time I have had a detention, I'm a great student, I'm predicted 9s in everything, don't talk during lessons, have nerdy ass friends, but I felt I'd missed out on a significant part of my childhood by never having done anything remotely rebellious (I don't go out with friends, never touched alcohol or cigarettes, asked my mum if I could miss pe so she would know I was safe)
I want to go to Oxford, Cambridge, ect. can they see this poor decision and would it hurt my chances?
no. stop worrying.
Cream Eclair
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If universities could see all our detentions none of us would get in!
username5452212
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They won't care.
taranmistry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
brudha they won't know and they won't care. they just want to know how passionate you r bout Ur chosen subject and what grades u got. trust me, I have been excluded once for a week during GCSE brudha, also I been in many detentions as I have never done homework during GCSE. so plz don't worry
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The only "connection" between schools, you and universities is the reference on the UCAS application written by your teachers (usually A-level subject teachers). But no matter how *****y a student has been, schools always try to big up their students as much as possible on there.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
As far as I know they only get a report on which teachers you fancied and what crimes you thought about committing at school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise