The Student Room Group

Enjoy the ride.

I'm so ****ing mad at myself. I lost someone so important to me because I became an insecure ******** who only wanted reassurance out of his relationship. I started bombarding her with compliments and **** and freaking her out with all "There is only one you in the sea" "I've never felt this way towards someone ever before" "You are one of a kind" and it literally freaked the **** out of her. I became too nice and VERY easy to get. She broke up with me saying that I'm not the partner you deserve to have at the moment. Why am I like this? We had something so good going on for 4 months and I had to **** it up by freaking her out with compliments for a week straight. I missed her way too much, we hadn't seen each other for a month at the time of the breakup.
I don't know how I can ever forgive myself for ruining something so good. I don't even know if it is possible to get her back. Advice for all you out there, never freak your girlfriends out. NEVER. Just have fun with them, enjoy being with them before it's over (if it ever was over) or before it's too late. Stop obsessing over "why she hasn't replied back" , "is she flirting with that guy?" "I need to do this to prove to her that I love her". JUST DONT. If she didn't like you in the first place she would have never gotten into a relationship with you. Just, let it go, and enjoy the ride before it's over.
lol atleast you know for next time. People find it creepy if you fawn over them 24/7.
You didn't ruin it at all but already something was wrong in your relationship with her which was out of your control. Your attempts to constantly complement her came from the fact you know that it's not alright and so you wanted somehow to fix it. Don't blame yourself as it appeared to me that she already made the decision to break up but she was waiting for the right time when you showed a little bit weird behavior with her. I know your life might be centered on her but trust me now ur mind is free to focus on your real issues in life and later another lady will cross your way
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Not a week straight but I complemented her way too much. I said really cute **** and I couldn't even stop because I missed her.
i mean ngll i love being complimented by guys i like ahaha but if u nvr usually do it n then all of a sudden start bombarding her with em then yh thats kinda weird ig (sorryyyyy) ig u miss her but u'll find someone else who appreciates u for u aha n u dont overthink everything w/ uno?
but hopefully everything turns out alright for u x

(also i totally get her comment abt not deserving u tho cuz i liked this guy recently n he just seemed so cute n pure n innocent n shy that i felt like he was wayyyyyy outta my league tbh but he turned out to be a f*cking tw*t who just nvr had girls attention before loooool n now ik im better than him XD - not saying that abt u two tho x)
Reply 5
Original post by Alaedin86
You didn't ruin it at all but already something was wrong in your relationship with her which was out of your control. Your attempts to constantly complement her came from the fact you know that it's not alright and so you wanted somehow to fix it. Don't blame yourself as it appeared to me that she already made the decision to break up but she was waiting for the right time when you showed a little bit weird behavior with her. I know your life might be centered on her but trust me now ur mind is free to focus on your real issues in life and later another lady will cross your way

True. I complemented her too much because I felt like something was off in the relationship, I didn't want it to end. I thought that if by complementing her the relationship would go back to the way it was and we would treat each other the same way we did at the start of the relationship :'(
Reply 6
Original post by M_Zara
i mean ngll i love being complimented by guys i like ahaha but if u nvr usually do it n then all of a sudden start bombarding her with em then yh thats kinda weird ig (sorryyyyy) ig u miss her but u'll find someone else who appreciates u for u aha n u dont overthink everything w/ uno?
but hopefully everything turns out alright for u x

(also i totally get her comment abt not deserving u tho cuz i liked this guy recently n he just seemed so cute n pure n innocent n shy that i felt like he was wayyyyyy outta my league tbh but he turned out to be a f*cking tw*t who just nvr had girls attention before loooool n now ik im better than him XD - not saying that abt u two tho x)

I did it before but not as much as I did in the last few days of our relationship.

Don't think that way. I mean, yes, being popular and **** is kind of a turn on for girls. But do you want a relationship that is based on looks rather than on personality and the way that he makes you feel?

Let me tell you a story. This ex that I'm talking about, I didn't even like her at the beginning. I thought she was some normal girl that has absolutely nothing special to offer. I never tried to connect with her, and I would always try my best not to have conversations with her.
Guess what? We once talked and we really clicked. She started developing feelings for me first. She would send me texts like "I'm sure you're developing feelings for someone", "You must have talked to someone in quarantine and you both must have clicked, no?" and I kept ignoring her. I didn't want to get closer to her because she had a bad reputation, but guess what? None of that matters. It only depends on how they make you feel. We were a group of 17, and we decided to go on a holiday in a resort near a sea in the summer. There, we shared a moment and that's when I started developing feelings for her. I saw her in a completely different way, and days passed I finally confessed my feelings for her. We vibed a lot , our friends said we look really cute together and so I asked her to be my girlfriend a month later.

See how the most unexpected people can turn out to be special in your life? I never saw her coming. NEVER. You may also never see him coming, atleast not for now. Give him a chance. Talk to him, connect with him, see how he makes you feel. It doesn't matter if he's hot, popular, had sex a 100 times, all that matters if he's attractive and you feel a certain way towards him, trust me.

I'd do anything to feel like that with my ex again. Literally anything.
Original post by Anonymous
I did it before but not as much as I did in the last few days of our relationship.

Don't think that way. I mean, yes, being popular and **** is kind of a turn on for girls. But do you want a relationship that is based on looks rather than on personality and the way that he makes you feel?

Let me tell you a story. This ex that I'm talking about, I didn't even like her at the beginning. I thought she was some normal girl that has absolutely nothing special to offer. I never tried to connect with her, and I would always try my best not to have conversations with her.
Guess what? We once talked and we really clicked. She started developing feelings for me first. She would send me texts like "I'm sure you're developing feelings for someone", "You must have talked to someone in quarantine and you both must have clicked, no?" and I kept ignoring her. I didn't want to get closer to her because she had a bad reputation, but guess what? None of that matters. It only depends on how they make you feel. We were a group of 17, and we decided to go on a holiday in a resort near a sea in the summer. There, we shared a moment and that's when I started developing feelings for her. I saw her in a completely different way, and days passed I finally confessed my feelings for her. We vibed a lot , our friends said we look really cute together and so I asked her to be my girlfriend a month later.

See how the most unexpected people can turn out to be special in your life? I never saw her coming. NEVER. You may also never see him coming, atleast not for now. Give him a chance. Talk to him, connect with him, see how he makes you feel. It doesn't matter if he's hot, popular, had sex a 100 times, all that matters if he's attractive and you feel a certain way towards him, trust me.

awwww thats such a sweet but sad story :frown: i rlly hope things turn out well for u cuz u seem like a rlly sweet genuine guy aha
n nooooo i tried to tlk to my crush n he just started bugging out n then chatting bareeeee sh*t abt me for no reason then his friends found out i was upset n apologised to me (this was two weeks ago) but then a few days ago i wlked past em n they said 'there's ur b' n i got rlly mad aha cuz i thought his friend called me his b*tch so we both yelled shut up n then his friend made some rude comments abt me which hurt lol but im over them now
tbh ik they dont acc care abt me they just find me entertaining n like to annoy me by making comments n watching me from a distance n sorta following me around ig but then acting like theyre not cuz they just want me to react n sh*t (which i did before but im trying not to now lol)
i acc posted a thread abt it before as anon n one of the guys who was replying is now tlkng to me on pm and i rlly like him tbh XD
alsooooo he

alsooooo he's not the popular one aha he thinks i am lol which is nice ig XD but nooooo he seemed all shy and sweet n like a good boy which is what i like in a guy aha but he turned out to be a mean n disrespectful tw*t (he legit kept referring to me as things other than my name even tho he knew it sooooo)
but ty for ur message aha it was cute x
Reply 9
Ohh okay. Ignore him, lol. You guys seem like teenagers, it's really hard to find someone at that age. Just have fun, grow your personality, and when the right time comes, you'll eventually find someone and you'll fall for each other. When you do, try your best not to ruin things, don't obsess over little things. Trust me, take it from my experience.

Anyways, yes.. My story is actually a cute one but in the same time a sad one. A really sad one at the end :'(.
We shared a lot of moments and we grew apart because we went to different universities. We had a really good relationship before we split, the long distance is what did us apart. I had time for her but apparently she didn't, she wanted to focus on herself and her studies.

It hurts so much for something beautiful like this to end just like this.
Original post by M_Zara
alsooooo he

alsooooo he's not the popular one aha he thinks i am lol which is nice ig XD but nooooo he seemed all shy and sweet n like a good boy which is what i like in a guy aha but he turned out to be a mean n disrespectful tw*t (he legit kept referring to me as things other than my name even tho he knew it sooooo)
but ty for ur message aha it was cute x

Don't underestimate yourself, keep growing! x
Ohh okay. Ignore him, lol. You guys seem like teenagers, it's really hard to find someone at that age. Just have fun, grow your personality, and when the right time comes, you'll eventually find someone and you'll fall for each other. When you do, try your best not to ruin things, don't obsess over little things. Trust me, take it from my experience.

Anyways, yes.. My story is actually a cute one but in the same time a sad one. A really sad one at the end :'(.
We shared a lot of moments and we grew apart because we went to different universities. We had a really good relationship before we split, the long distance is what did us apart. I had time for her but apparently she didn't, she wanted to focus on herself and her studies.

It hurts so much for something beautiful like this to end just like this.

ohhhh sh*t im sorry for u it sounds like it maybe taught u a lot thooo which is good for future relationships ig x

n yhh i am ignoring him now aha we'll see if he n his friends grows tf up over halfterm or not n yhhh we r teenagers lol we're all 16 ahaha n yh i try not to obsess over little things aha but i genuinely overthink like EVERYTHING no lie XD its acc rlly unhealthy lol

Don't underestimate yourself, keep growing! x

tyyy aha x
I'm so ****ing mad at myself. I lost someone so important to me because I became an insecure ******** who only wanted reassurance out of his relationship. I started bombarding her with compliments and **** and freaking her out with all "There is only one you in the sea" "I've never felt this way towards someone ever before" "You are one of a kind" and it literally freaked the **** out of her. I became too nice and VERY easy to get. She broke up with me saying that I'm not the partner you deserve to have at the moment. Why am I like this? We had something so good going on for 4 months and I had to **** it up by freaking her out with compliments for a week straight. I missed her way too much, we hadn't seen each other for a month at the time of the breakup.
I don't know how I can ever forgive myself for ruining something so good. I don't even know if it is possible to get her back. Advice for all you out there, never freak your girlfriends out. NEVER. Just have fun with them, enjoy being with them before it's over (if it ever was over) or before it's too late. Stop obsessing over "why she hasn't replied back" , "is she flirting with that guy?" "I need to do this to prove to her that I love her". JUST DONT. If she didn't like you in the first place she would have never gotten into a relationship with you. Just, let it go, and enjoy the ride before it's over.

hey I can see you are going through a lot and feeling really down you wanna talk? my PMs are always open if you do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending