Which store should I work at ! (Tk maxx vs M and S)

Watch
Cocaiaaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I have applied to manyy many jobs and have had a couple interviews. I have been given a job offer for two Xmas temp jobs! (Hoping to stay on permanently afterwards) the two stores are M and S and Tk maxx. They both pay pretty similarly and are a similar distance from my house. Which one should I go with !
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The one you would prefer more
SmartUnicorn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tk max is warm, m&s is fancy

Btw for the interviews what type of questions did they ask you? And did you apply directly online to their website?
Cocaiaaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SmartUnicorn)
Tk max is warm, m&s is fancy

Btw for the interviews what type of questions did they ask you? And did you apply directly online to their website?
I applied in store for tk maxx and online for m and s !
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
M&S is a bit of a distressed brand these days whereas TKmax seems like it's on the up and up... I feel like we'll be having more M&S store closures next year... might be a happier story in M&S online though.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it depends how you can manage with unpleasant customers. There will be some at both but I expect fewer at M&S, especially if you are in their food hall.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
trust your instinct
SparkleFace
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I love what TK maxx sells but I can’t stand to be there for more than 15 minutes as well as work there. On the other hand I’m not a big fan Of M&S but I wouldn’t mind working there since it’s always busy and the lighting is more lively. Like other have said M&S is most likely going to close up stores so I’d choose Tk Maxx if you’re not like me who would fall asleep haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (64)
27.83%
No - I have already returned home (25)
10.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
21.74%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (22)
9.57%
No - I live at home during term anyway (69)
30%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed