How to work hard without time pressures?

Watch
iFlops
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who feels like they can only revise when there's loads of pressure to complete work with a deadline close. For example, I revised my gcses the weekend before, because I had no motivation to do so any earlier. Even though I got the grades to get into sixth form, this method obviously won't work for A levels (I'm in year 13 fyi) so if you have tips for getting work done without a specific deadline, I'd appreciate it. I just can't seem to think in the longterm.
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to set your own goals. When you have your own goals, you will feel more self-motivated. Long-term goals. What you want from life. That sort of stuff.

When instead all you're doing is working to other peoples' prescribed schedules and demands, naturally, when their pressure isn't looming over you, you won't feel motivated.

Whereas if your goals are your own, you're reminded of it every day you wake up and have to live with yourself, and will feel the pressure every day.

If you're smart... you can find a way to combine both of these effects into one and really take off the start line. Or burn out instead, if you're not careful and don't pace yourself (like me).
Last edited by NonIndigenous; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (713)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (901)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (397)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.42%

Watched Threads