The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews psychology bachelor and master

Hi ,

I'm looking into the psychology degree offered by St Andrews and found out that they also offer a mater and then I looked into it and discovered that both of them last for 4 years. I wonder if there are any more differences between these two courses apart from the fact that one is a degree and the other one is a master.?
Original post by cat1234!
Hi ,

I'm looking into the psychology degree offered by St Andrews and found out that they also offer a mater and then I looked into it and discovered that both of them last for 4 years. I wonder if there are any more differences between these two courses apart from the fact that one is a degree and the other one is a master.?

The MA is a Scottish master and not a normal masters. Both are of the same level but different content.
The MA focuses on psychology studied alongside arts subjects, the Bsc is psychology alongside science subjects.
Have a look at the specific content for each of the courses to see which you would rather.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
The MA is a Scottish master and not a normal masters. Both are of the same level but different content.
The MA focuses on psychology studied alongside arts subjects, the Bsc is psychology alongside science subjects.
Have a look at the specific content for each of the courses to see which you would rather.

Do you mind telling me a bit more about the fact that it's 'a Scottish master' does it mean it's not recognised by England? or ?
Original post by cat1234!
Do you mind telling me a bit more about the fact that it's 'a Scottish master' does it mean it's not recognised by England? or ?

No, it’s a remnant of an old system - it is recognised as being the same level as an undergraduate Bachelors degree and not like a postgraduate masters.

It is set out in a different structure compared to English degrees as are most Scottish degrees- being 4 years instead of 3.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending