The Student Room Group

wedding plans

Whats the point in getting married in a registry office and having a cheap wedding? I would rather not get married. Like whats the point???
Well...For some people the point of getting married is to get married...not how much they spend to do so....

If you don’t want to, don’t do it-but others can do as they please. Doesn’t make them less married.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
When it comes to the importance of where you get married rather than actually getting married to the person you supposedly love then it isn't a marriage you want, its just a wedding. I got married in a registry office and wore 3 quid purple dress from a charity shop and it was one of the best days of our lives. We could have had a fancy wedding if we wished but it wasn't us and to be honest, I would grudge spending all that money on one day when we could have used it towards a new car, decorating our home etc.

If you have the money to have a big wedding and its what you want then go for it but the main point should always be the fact you are entering a marriage, not just having a wedding. A wedding is nothing more than a party pretty much, its the days after it that matter more.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Katie4ever
Whats the point in getting married in a registry office and having a cheap wedding? I would rather not get married. Like whats the point???

To me I think big weddings that cost a fortune are a stupid waste of money, the marriage is about the relationship not giving everyone a party that's overpriced.

Quick Reply

Latest