The Student Room Group

Self studying A levels help

I am going to self learn A level chem, further maths and maths in the next two years, and apply for university next year. How long should i spend on a subject a day. I am thinking of alternating between the subjects so chem and FM core on mon, tue and wed and maths, and stat and mech for regular maths and FM on tue and wed. How long should I spend on say Chem and FM core on the days i study them, 4 hrs for each subject per day? I want A*s in all three.
Original post by 12115
I am going to self learn A level chem, further maths and maths in the next two years, and apply for university next year. How long should i spend on a subject a day. I am thinking of alternating between the subjects so chem and FM core on mon, tue and wed and maths, and stat and mech for regular maths and FM on tue and wed. How long should I spend on say Chem and FM core on the days i study them, 4 hrs for each subject per day? I want A*s in all three.

Hi there!

Current Cardiff University student here

I studied different courses at A level but had around 4 hours of lessons a week per subject (I think) and tried to match that in self-study time. I was working a part-time job alongside my courses but please manage your time and be aware of burnout. I wouldn't advise you to plan to study more than 8 hours a day consistently.

All the best
Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply

Latest