The Student Room Group

Dating cousin’s girlfriend’s brother

My cousin has a girlfriend who has a brother and I met him for the second time at a wedding at the weekend. We got along really well and we’re flirting all night and even kissed a couple times. Rumours spread so now my whole family know what happened between us at the wedding.
He got my number and we’ve been texting since and we’ve also face timed a few times. I’ve never felt this way about a guy before and he makes me laugh so much. He’s just finished his first year of uni and I’m going into year 13. But my mum thinks us going out is really weird because soon he’s going to be my cousins brother in law. And my dad was saying that if it didn’t work out in the future we’ll still have to see each other at family occasions. But he wanted to meet up before he’s goes back to uni and when he’s home he lives about an hour drive away. We planned to meet up in a couple weeks but now im feeling very insecure about everyone else thinking what we’re doing is weird and im really upset about it because I like him so much. But im also scared now because I feel like it’s too late to back out without it being awkward in the future so I really don’t know what to do. I was thinking about asking him if he thinks it’s a bit weird too and ask him if he thinks it’s a good idea but he seems really enthusiastic so I don’t know what to do if he thinks we should still go out. Someone please give advice
I say if you are happy then go for it. We can't spend our lives not trying something in case it doesn't work out. Don't let others influence your relationships - it's not up to them. It may be the perfect relationship, but unless you give it a go you will never know. I hope it works out well for you both.
It’s not weird….. it’s unusual, but not weird

Same thing happened in my family. My great aunt and uncle married a brother and sister and they were all happy.

Yes, might be difficult if you split up later but you just have to be a grown up at family meetings

I say go for it, enjoy your time together and see where it leads.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I say if you are happy then go for it. We can't spend our lives not trying something in case it doesn't work out. Don't let others influence your relationships - it's not up to them. It may be the perfect relationship, but unless you give it a go you will never know. I hope it works out well for you both.

Thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by Johnny Valentine
It’s not weird….. it’s unusual, but not weird

Same thing happened in my family. My great aunt and uncle married a brother and sister and they were all happy.

Yes, might be difficult if you split up later but you just have to be a grown up at family meetings

I say go for it, enjoy your time together and see where it leads.

I think your right, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending