The Student Room Group

Can mocks change predicted A levels?

Hi I'm currently in college aiming for a good Business Uni to study at.
I'm currently predicted shockingly poor grades which are:
Psychology: D
History: C
Business: C

I'm definitely going to to a lot better than these predicted grades in my mocks. My problem is though, Russel group Uni's could reject with grades that bad. Let's say I get what I think I will get which is:
A - Business
B - Psychology
B - History

Will I have a chance of getting to the top universities this year? And do the top Universities know that the grades aren't that accurate due to us not sitting mocks yet?
(The Universities I want are looking for an ABB-BBB since I'm eligible for the contextual offer) Like I said before I'm extremely confident I will get those grades on my mocks. Does this mean they won't reject me until after they see it? Or do I have to write somewhere that these predicted grades aren't accurate at all as we've not done any proper tests? Or would I just be rejected to begin with? And will teachers change predicted grades after December mocks before Uni's recieve it in January? Thank you.
I’d like to know too asi have the same problem. My current grades are abc which is shocking because i was convinced I would get aab/ a*ab but i do have exams in a couple weeks. (I am also eligible for a contextual offer and was hoping to get into russel groups).
Original post by study.and.tea
I’d like to know too asi have the same problem. My current grades are abc which is shocking because i was convinced I would get aab/ a*ab but i do have exams in a couple weeks. (I am also eligible for a contextual offer and was hoping to get into russel groups).

What are you doing at Uni? With your grades you should be fine already since you are eligible for the contextual offer unless you are aiming for like Oxbridge or something. A lot of the ones I'm interested in (e.g. University College London tp do IMB (ABB), Kings College London to do Business Management (AAB),University of Durham to do Business Management (ABB), University of Manchester to do Business Management (ABB), University of Leeds to do Business Management (BBB) - all of them have gone two grades below the usual requirements apart from Manchester and Durham which is 1 grade below). With my horrendous CCD I'd get rejected instantly and I'm definitely getting at least Bs in these mocks.
I'm also predicted ABC but i'd like to do neuroscience with psychology in a russell group uni, however I'm scared they won't even give me an offer... If I do not end up getting an offer, but I get ABB/AAB (with a lot of work:/) in the exams, is there a way I can still get into one of the unis? or would i have to re apply next year?
Original post by jankagoldmann
I'm also predicted ABC but i'd like to do neuroscience with psychology in a russell group uni, however I'm scared they won't even give me an offer... If I do not end up getting an offer, but I get ABB/AAB (with a lot of work:/) in the exams, is there a way I can still get into one of the unis? or would i have to re apply next year?

You'd be able to get in through adjustment if you met their grades in the real exam. Only problem is that adjustment doesn't usually have spaces for all courses. It's only some usually.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending