The Student Room Group

Parents won't let me get a motorbike

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
If you are safe and responsible you will be fine

Not true.
Not true.

If you wear protective clothing and do speed about on it. People who end up in accident are people giving it all the throttle on bends and that then the lose control ending up in a ditch
If you wear protective clothing and do speed about on it. People who end up in accident are people giving it all the throttle on bends and that then the lose control ending up in a ditch

Also not true

My dad had his face smashed in when he was younger because of a reckless lorry driver, and has had friends killed in accidents that weren't their fault. It's incredibly naive and offensive to people who've lost their lives in motorbike accidents that weren't their fault, and to be honest if you think that you being responsible is going to make these situations non-existent, then your parents are entirely right.
Original post by GabiAbi84
Also not true

Even if it's not if I die I die like its going to happen at some point anyway
My dad had his face smashed in when he was younger because of a reckless lorry driver, and has had friends killed in accidents that weren't their fault. It's incredibly naive and offensive to people who've lost their lives in motorbike accidents that weren't their fault, and to be honest if you think that you being responsible is going to make these situations non-existent, then your parents are entirely right.

Sorry
Sorry

I get the want for a motorbike, they are pretty fun (I used to be taken to school on one) but I think your parents are just worried about you more than anything else. Maybe if you leave it until a little while after you've moved out and shown your independence, and then take them with you to look at a few? They might be more open to the idea then
I get the want for a motorbike, they are pretty fun (I used to be taken to school on one) but I think your parents are just worried about you more than anything else. Maybe if you leave it until a little while after you've moved out and shown your independence, and then take them with you to look at a few? They might be more open to the idea then

My ****ing seat leon broke down though and its so ****ing hard
you could end up paralysed completely because of a motorbike accident even if you were being responsible, wearing protective clothing etc. it's not worth the risk but your life your choice
you could end up paralysed completely because of a motorbike accident even if you were being responsible, wearing protective clothing etc. it's not worth the risk but your life your choice

Other people do though and many of them fine
Hes just jealous because im getting a motorbike

Ahahahahhahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahahahahah
Reply 31
Based on your replies you are too naive to have a vehicle that dangerous. Say you are walking down the street and someone suddenly runs out a shop and slams into you, sending you crashing to the ground.
Now let’s imagine this but on a road. You see how other people cause accidents too?
Being responsible will help you not get into accidents. However accidents happen, no matter how careful you are. You are safer on 4 wheels than 2, but it's your choice not mine.
Other people do though and many of them fine

Do you not know what risk means
Reply 34
If you are safe and responsible you will be fine

You really think anyone gets on their motorbike one day planning to crash?
No, it just happens.
How old are you? How were you able to move out? I m interested in the moving out part cos I m 21 so its not distant for me to reach that phase in life
Original post by Eccentric Goatie
How old are you? How were you able to move out? I m interested in the moving out part cos I m 21 so its not distant for me to reach that phase in life

Same age as you
Original post by LovelyMrFox
You really think anyone gets on their motorbike one day planning to crash?
No, it just happens.

Thats because some people get high power ones then thrash the throttle all the time then in up in a ditch
Original post by Bio 7
Based on your replies you are too naive to have a vehicle that dangerous. Say you are walking down the street and someone suddenly runs out a shop and slams into you, sending you crashing to the ground.
Now let’s imagine this but on a road. You see how other people cause accidents too?

That can happen in any vehicle
Original post by Nadim Chowdhury
Being responsible will help you not get into accidents. However accidents happen, no matter how careful you are. You are safer on 4 wheels than 2, but it's your choice not mine.

What about a quad bike

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending