The Student Room Group

good universities for any computer related course with no a-level maths

I am currently in year 13 studying level 3 IT Cambridge Technical in college, and I am coming close to my deadline for applications and also getting very nervous that I won't get into a good university, if not a respected university. I have never been good at math and had to resit my GCSE twice for math and still getting ended up getting a 4 , and my parents kept on telling me how much of a disappointment I was and were ashamed of telling my family members my grades, and I felt like sh** and a disappointment. I felt like doing some horrible things to myself at the point and stopped going out to family events. My parents always tried comparing me to my cousins, who are a lot smarter than me, and kept saying, "They are going to get into the likes of Cambridge and Oxford, and you are going to get into a non-respected university like MMU, where if you get a degree, it won't be recognized." I just felt hopeless. My family is not financially well, or you could say there are on benefits and if you are from the uk you’ll know what they are. They kept applying this agenda to me: "If you don't do well in school, you'll end up like us. If anyone has good recommendations on good universities that don't require A-level math and are respected like my parents say, please let me know. It will be greatly appreciated, and hopefully I won't be a disappointment like they say.

And sorry if I didn't proof read this I just had to let this all out.

(edit) I also don't mind a good degree apprenticeship if you guys have any good ones but I believe I may be too late.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending