The Student Room Group

16 hour night shift and Alevels

So I’m basically a gap year student and I don’t have to go to school because I’m doing my bio and Chem alevels externally with them again. It’s dec and I’ve barely done any work yet, also I’m applying for med, so need pretty much A*s in them. I recently got a job offer for ASDA as a Christmas temp 16hrs a week but nights only so like two night shifts a week. Do you guys think it’s a good idea for me to do that? Also I might have mocks if I beg my school to let me take them in Jan/Feb time with them.
you can make this work if you're motivated and ambitious enough. I wouldn't recommend this for students who are easily overwhelmed and stress a lot.
Reply 2
Only thing putting me off is that I took a year out to get A*s/As in my biology and Chem exam so I can do med as this year due to covid I couldn’t take my exams so didn’t get the grades I required. So idk what to do because this job may mean I’m tried for the two days I do night shifts and also the fact it may affect my sleep schedule but even if I do morning part time it’ll take time out my day. It’s just so confusing because i need experience and little bit of money.

Quick Reply

Latest