The Student Room Group

Revenge body, does it work?

If you’ve never heard of the revenge body it’s when you break up with someone then get really hot.

When girls do it it seems to spark regret in the man if she looks amazing and happy.

I’ve noticed that in my case it’s true not only with an ex but with boys that I talked to.

Boys on here - do you agree that generally this will cause regret if you see an ex looking very hot?
Reply 1
You’re right it’s probably more just a physical thing.
Complete waste of time and idiotic if they’re doing it for other people.
Totally embarrassing and insecure. Obviously, I already think my exes are hot (did I not date them?) so this wouldn't really matter to me - if I knew it was some ridiculous ploy to get back at me I'd probably pity them.
You should only ever make changes for yourself. Doing something so drastic for revenge is deeply unhealthy psychologically and will probably lead to further bitterness and misery. It’s also not very sustainable because you would be doing it for the wrong reasons. He may not even notice or care anyway.
Reply 5
Both myself and my friend have experienced this as a by product of getting very fit over lockdowns this year.

Please don’t assume.

The thing is it’s actually embarrassing for the boys who want to seem suddenly so interested in your life and becoming very friendly again when they didn’t mind drifting before.

I’m sure lots of girls/guys have experienced this.
Reply 6
I was asking if other people have experienced it and whether boys identify with it but thank you all.

The funny thing is, by the time you’re fit happy and healthy you don’t want people from your past back 👌🏼
Yes.
It can work wonders for a girl that has walked out on a sordid or worse ex.
But only when accompanied by a positive attitude, genuine desire to wash that ex bf out of her hair & future and move on to having happier relationships (with herself, friends or potential sexual partners).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending