The Student Room Group

My car failed its MOT and I’m told not to drive it

So my car failed its MOT today (bummer :frown: ) and on the refusal of the MOT test certificate it says not to drive it at all until repaired, but the car was brought home and delivered to my driveway and now I’m not sure how to take it for a retest tomorrow, as I’m not allowed to drive it yet they brought my car back home?? The only way I can think of is by getting the car towed, but I can’t imagine how much that will cost
Original post by Anonymous
So my car failed its MOT today (bummer :frown: ) and on the refusal of the MOT test certificate it says not to drive it at all until repaired, but the car was brought home and delivered to my driveway and now I’m not sure how to take it for a retest tomorrow, as I’m not allowed to drive it yet they brought my car back home?? The only way I can think of is by getting the car towed, but I can’t imagine how much that will cost

Details under 'Driving a vehicle that’s failed' here:

https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot/after-the-test
Reply 2

Why would you get a retest if it hasn't been repaired?

Lesson for the future. Always get your car MOTed at your local friendly garage who also services your car. Then, when it fails they will give you an instant quote to get it fixed and you will pick up your car £300+ lighter, but never-the-less with one year's happy motoring ahead of you.

I made the same mistake as you with my first car and it is no end of faff getting specific things fixed after a failed MOT, not to mention paying for a second test.
Yeah, do MOT at your 'friendly' garage so they fail your car for made up problems, and charge you repairing things which've never been broken.

The only financially good option is to learn as much about cars untill only engineers are better than you and to do repairs by yourself. Otherwise, they'll always misguide you to steal your money, or charge insane amounts for any job, or both.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending