The Student Room Group

Kcl Midwifery 2021

Wondering if anyone applied to study Midwifery 2021 at kcl!!
I had my interview two weeks ago and I am still waiting !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DanKinEli
Wondering if anyone applied to study Midwifery 2021 at kcl!!
I had my interview two weeks ago and I am still waiting !

Hiya, I have I hope you don’t mind but what sort of questions did they ask you, I’ve been stressing so much thinking about it.
hiya, my sister has her KCL interview for midwifery next week. I was wondering if they have followed suit with other MMI unis and conducted online panel interview instead, or if they have stuck to MMI format. Also, good luck, i know how hard it is, i went through two years of medical school interviews and finally got in, i wish you the best :smile:
Reply 3
Has anyone heard back following their interviews? I had one at the end of March and still waiting to hear back!
Original post by Vickyws
Has anyone heard back following their interviews? I had one at the end of March and still waiting to hear back!

i'm still waiting for the outcome of my interview :/ they should reply any day now since the deadline is in 9 days
Reply 5
Original post by starqueenxx
i'm still waiting for the outcome of my interview :/ they should reply any day now since the deadline is in 9 days

Glad it isn’t just me then - ha, yes exactly - cutting it close to the wire!
Original post by Vickyws

I had one of April and they said they will reply late because of the amount of backlog. I dont think theres long lett anyway they got till 20th May to make a decision x
Original post by Vickyws

Hey have you heard back yet? i have and i got rejected lol :/ rip
Reply 8
Original post by starqueenxx
Hey have you heard back yet? i have and i got rejected lol :/ rip

I did - I got an unconditional offer as I have a prior degree. Oh I am sorry, where else did you apply?
Original post by Vickyws
I did - I got an unconditioHyenal offer as I have a prior degree. Oh I am sorry, where else did you apply?

Hey, I am still waiting for MSc Adult nursing. When did you hear back?
Reply 10
Original post by mrantwilliams
Hey, I am still waiting for MSc Adult nursing. When did you hear back?

Hey, I heard back last Friday. It took 8 weeks for them to get back to me though and about the same time to be invited for interview.

I’m now trying to decide between Kings and Kingston.

Good luck!
Original post by Vickyws
Hey, I heard back last Friday. It took 8 weeks for them to get back to me though and about the same time to be invited for interview.

I’m now trying to decide between Kings and Kingston.

Good luck!

Thanks, remember Kings is Number 1 if that helps.
Reply 12
That’s what I am thinking about. I will be in my own flat near Wimbledon and I am just wondering about location and placements etc.

I have found kings to send more informative bits like videos about the course and Kingston have been quite slow.

I guess it’s wondering how important institution is to a more practice based course when registration with NMC is main goal!
Original post by Vickyws
That’s what I am thinking about. I will be in my own flat near Wimbledon and I am just wondering about location and placements etc.

I have found kings to send more informative bits like videos about the course and Kingston have been quite slow.

I guess it’s wondering how important institution is to a more practice based course when registration with NMC is main goal!

Yes exactly what you said there. Are you doing the Msc or BSc?
Reply 14
The Bmid is at Kings (I don’t think they do a masters) and I have a place for the MMid at Kingston. Not entirely sure how they differ at Kingston (the cohort is the same - I just know that it’s a course specifically for graduates) but other than that they haven’t mentioned any other differences.
Original post by Vickyws

Future employers want you to have 1) interviewed well, 2) proof of having passed an NMC accredited course, 3) proof of your NMC registration. They don't care where you did your degree. (I'm a registered nurse, as are both my husband and my brother-in-law... none of the jobs we've had between us since we all qualified has given one where we studied - and so far that's 7 different employers.)

Location is important - find out which areas your placements will be in (for both universities), as doing 10-13 hour shifts is tiring enough, never mind adding the travelling on top.
Just got an offer at kings !
Original post by mrantwilliams
Just got an offer at kings !

Congratulations! 😃 well done!! I got my offer last week and only just completed my student finance today 😅
Original post by Salinarahman
Congratulations! 😃 well done!! I got my offer last week and only just completed my student finance today 😅

Congratulations!
Original post by Vickyws
The Bmid is at Kings (I don’t think they do a masters) and I have a place for the MMid at Kingston. Not entirely sure how they differ at Kingston (the cohort is the same - I just know that it’s a course specifically for graduates) but other than that they haven’t mentioned any other differences.

Hiya what did you end up picking? I’ve also got a degree already and received offers from Kings and Kingston. The MMid at Kingston sounded amazing and you study with the undergrad cohort - I really enjoyed speaking to the lecturers during the interview.

I found it really hard to pick between the two. I live a stone’s throw away from Kingston and after a lot of thinking, I’ve accepted an unconditional offer from Kings. What did you go for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending