The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

University procedures - grading

Hi,
My name is Maggie and I have just completed my MSc Digital Marketing Management at Cardiff MET. The external exam board has confirmed the results mid November 2020. We are still waiting on news about certificates and graduation, but no one has told us anything, when are we going to get some formal results, that we can use when applying or employment.
I was a student rep, and there is an ongoing formal complaint against the course due to a poor quality of teaching and management of the course and many other. I am awaiting for final results of the investigation and it is way past due date, when we supposed to get the answer. I am in contact with Student Union, but I would like to get further help on it.

I have also just reviewed the profile of marks, and it is first time I was able to see the marks from my undergraduate studies, which I have completed in 2013. When I did my undergraduate studies also in Cardiff MET, then UWIC, we didn't had electronic submission of work.
I never got any marks or feedback from my final year results. I have been working full time on my final year, due to financial difficulties, and I was exhausted and sick when I finished, and just accepted that I got only a BSC (Hons) 2:2 Div 2 degree. Only because I came back to university to do my masters, I was able to view my marks from my undergraduate studies, and see I have achieved Average 63 points.
I found a document showing how degrees are weighted, but it is very recent. It shows that my degree for level 6 should be upper second class, rather than the lowest class. I am not sure how the marking worked in 2013.
The lowest degree has made my chances for employment really difficult, due to employers asking for the level of degree.
Therefore I had to re-qualify. But I would like to know whether my degree has been marked correctly.

How can I check this?

If marking was changed after 2013, and students with same results s me can have higher level of degree, it gives them better chances to get employed.

Can you help please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending