The Student Room Group

Census 2021 Jobs

Has anyone applied for a job in the 2021 Census? I have applied for the Census area support role, and I was wondering if anyone else has applied for this role or any others.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied for this same role too, do you have your virtual day soon?
How on earth did you pass the SJT? 4 of us tried...it’s impossible, even with correct answers
Reply 3
Original post by sarskinz
I applied for this same role too, do you have your virtual day soon?

Yes I have mine on the 21st, how about you?

Original post by Pacinobrigante
How on earth did you pass the SJT? 4 of us tried...it’s impossible, even with correct answers

I'm not sure, I didn't find it too bad personally
Reply 4
Original post by Ems427

I had mine a couple of days ago, I was told I will be told the outcome within 10 working days.
Reply 5
I had mine a couple of days ago, I was told I will be told the outcome within 10 working days.

Ah I hope it went well! How did you find it?
Anyone apply for team leader job? I have my interview next week
Reply 7
I thought it went well! Since I applied for an admin role they were just interested in verifying my identity. I’m now completing my pre-employment checks and then I will be getting my contract.

Ah that’s good! Do you have much admin experience?
Original post by Ems427

Hey, I wanted to ask as I haven't found much online. Is the virtual welcome event like an interview kinda thing, like what actually happens. If you don't mind me asking
Original post by hussain_066
Hey, I wanted to ask as I haven't found much online. Is the virtual welcome event like an interview kinda thing, like what actually happens. If you don't mind me asking

Go to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6850602&p=93470698&page=2#post93470698
Reply 10

Hey, if you’ve applied for an officer role it is just to check your ID documents really and if you’ve applied for a supervisor or manager role you have a competency-based interview as well.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi guys I’ve completed my video virtual event for census officer role , and they said the next process is PEC checks , can I just ask how long did it take for these to complete and what did you have to submit and how long did it take for you to receive your contract ?
what questions do they ask for the census officer? Is it an interview or more of a identity check etc.? I have the virtual call soon.
Original post by tom127653
what questions do they ask for the census officer? Is it an interview or more of a identity check etc.? I have the virtual call soon.

For the census officer role the virtual welcome event call is literally identity check so you have to show them a physical copy of the documents you uploaded and you can ask any questions .. it literally lasted 10 minutes. You only answer interview questions if you applied for the supervisor/manager role
Original post by Lorraine12
For the census officer role the virtual welcome event call is literally identity check so you have to show them a physical copy of the documents you uploaded and you can ask any questions .. it literally lasted 10 minutes. You only answer interview questions if you applied for the supervisor/manager role

Do you think you could change your preferred working locations, later on?
Do you think you could change your preferred working locations, later on?

If you haven’t had your virtual welcome call then you can discuss it or if you have already wait until you speak to your line manager
I’m waiting for the dbs checks to come through as well. Has your contract arrived yet? if so how long did it take from when you submitted all the info for dbs?
Reply 18
Original post by hollythorp
I’m waiting for the dbs checks to come through as well. Has your contract arrived yet? if so how long did it take from when you submitted all the info for dbs?

Just a heads up, you may not even get a contract even if you submit all the information for the PEC's. I'm apparently on a waiting list, only found out as I phoned to ask what was going on with my application as I hadn't heard anything since uploading my overseas CRB certificate 2 weeks ago.
Hi there, my mum recently applied for a census job. What is the process like for applying and is there anything to keep in mind? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending