The Student Room Group

Can you resit English language along side a levels?

So I got a C at English language last year however for my university course I was looking at requires a B so I was wondering if my college would allow me to resit English language along with my 3 a levels and welsh bacc

Also the a levels I take are media studies, geography and photography if that makes any difference 😊
Original post by Rosiemae885
So I got a C at English language last year however for my university course I was looking at requires a B so I was wondering if my college would allow me to resit English language along with my 3 a levels and welsh bacc

Also the a levels I take are media studies, geography and photography if that makes any difference 😊

i'm not sure about that but i do applied science level3 is equivalent to alevel and i got 3 for my english gsce but TMC accepted me and that it meant that i could do my applied science level 3 with my english gcse
Original post by Rosiemae885

yeah you can resit it but you have to take it as a gcse again, im doing that along with my 3 a levels as well right now but with math cuz i got a b and i was looking for higher
I am in sixth form and I know people who are resitting English and maths along with a levels. I also know people who go to college who have done the same thing, so I am sure you would be able to. However I am in England, and sine you are doing a Welsh baccalaureate I’m assuming your in Wales? It is probably the same in Wales anyway, I would be surprised if you can’t resit.
In theory yes, whether you can do it through your school or if you have to do it privately may vary. At my school I did know people who resat GCSE Maths in year 12, for example, and was vaguely aware the same thing was offered for English Language (although I didn't know anyone personally that had to resit English).

I'd suggest discussing it with your school. It would probably be better to try and resit it in year 12, rather than year 13, so you don't have it on top of your A-level exams, if at all possible.
Original post by Cactus.554
I am in sixth form and I know people who are resitting English and maths along with a levels. I also know people who go to college who have done the same thing, so I am sure you would be able to. However I am in England, and sine you are doing a Welsh baccalaureate I’m assuming your in Wales? It is probably the same in Wales anyway, I would be surprised if you can’t resit.

Original post by zaina.aa
yeah you can resit it but you have to take it as a gcse again, im doing that along with my 3 a levels as well right now but with math cuz i got a b and i was looking for higher

Original post by your mongolian
i'm not sure about that but i do applied science level3 is equivalent to alevel and i got 3 for my english gsce but TMC accepted me and that it meant that i could do my applied science level 3 with my english gcse

Thank you all for your quick replies I’m sure if you guys can in england I defo should be allowed, I’ve heard of people resitting them along side level 3 btec courses but not a levels, I’m going to email my tutor on Monday to ask him whether I can but after your guys reply’s I can’t see it being a problem. Thanks again 👍🏻
Yes you can. I’m resitting maths alongside a levels
Original post by hootdoot04
Yes you can. I’m resitting maths alongside a levels

Awesome that’s great to hear from someone who has done it I’m defo going to speak to my tutor about it as I want to resit it in year 12 bc I’m not sure if I would pass it first time(class of covid lol) and tbh I was lucky I got a C in the summer “exams” but thank you
Original post by artful_lounger
In theory yes, whether you can do it through your school or if you have to do it privately may vary. At my school I did know people who resat GCSE Maths in year 12, for example, and was vaguely aware the same thing was offered for English Language (although I didn't know anyone personally that had to resit English).

I'd suggest discussing it with your school. It would probably be better to try and resit it in year 12, rather than year 13, so you don't have it on top of your A-level exams, if at all possible.

That’s great to know and yes I would defo resit it now in year 12 than year 13 as it might take me till then to get a B as English isn’t a strong subject for me but it’s something I want to do so am willing to do it

Quick Reply

Latest