The Student Room Group

Why try to earn money and knowledge just to lose it all in the end

you are playing a losing game, if you win you lose it all any way if you dont win well you dont win
I need to pass time somehow.
The destination is not important, what matters is the journey :h:
Yup, we are all on a sinking ship. Nobody really wins in the end.
Original post by RedGiant
Yup, we are all on a sinking ship. Nobody really wins in the end.

then how do you live like why do you get up in the morning
Original post by DiddyDec
The destination is not important, what matters is the journey :h:

but the journey is full of suffering
Original post by existentialdered

:yep:

The journey is full of ups and downs.
Original post by DiddyDec
:yep:

then why make the journey tho?
then why make the journey tho?

For other people.
Just don't fixate on what comes after, instead focus on what happens now, if needs be change up what you are doing so the now doesn't become too flat-lined.

As now is the present, embrace it and take it as a gift
Original post by Max1989
Just don't fixate on what comes after, instead focus on what happens now, if needs be change up what you are doing so the now doesn't become too flat-lined.

As now is the present, embrace it and take it as a gift

the present is not great , i cant change the way of thinking but does not get rid of the problem problem running away from it
That’s like saying “why play a video game if you’re eventually going to complete it and stop playing?”

One enjoys the process and experience rather than the mere fact of having completed it.
the present is not great , i cant change the way of thinking but does not get rid of the problem problem running away from it

Exactly, why think of what comes after when you haven't finished what you are doing right now. Work out what's wrong and just change it, life is actually pretty flexible, within reason of course. Like I can probably by the end of the week be able to completely start a new life in almost any country I wish, I'd have to work hard to raise the money and I won't have anything where I get there, but with work life can change, it's just about finding teh motivation which is teh issue. There's very few situations where you can't solve something or if needs be use a few loopholes here and there or possibly be wanted by Interpol (minor details :h:)

What's your dreams or goals?
A person must have dreams or they are simply living a nightmare.

These can be tiny goals just something to work your day towards, I try and cook something different everyday, my goal is to do that as I enjoy it and I like eating the nice food. It's not a big goal but it's something to enjoy at the end of the day.
Original post by tazarooni89
That’s like saying “why play a video game if you’re eventually going to complete it and stop playing?”

One enjoys the process and experience rather than the mere fact of having completed it.

video game are enjoys life is not why do you think people drink and get high its a distraction they like to forget now because now is ****
Original post by Max1989
Exactly, why think of what comes after when you haven't finished what you are doing right now. Work out what's wrong and just change it, life is actually pretty flexible, within reason of course. Like I can probably by the end of the week be able to completely start a new life in almost any country I wish, I'd have to work hard to raise the money and I won't have anything where I get there, but with work life can change, it's just about finding teh motivation which is teh issue. There's very few situations where you can't solve something or if needs be use a few loopholes here and there or possibly be wanted by Interpol (minor details :h:)

What's your dreams or goals?
A person must have dreams or they are simply living a nightmare.

These can be tiny goals just something to work your day towards, I try and cook something different everyday, my goal is to do that as I enjoy it and I like eating the nice food. It's not a big goal but it's something to enjoy at the end of the day.

"Work out what's wrong and just change it" i cant change the universe who I was born to most importantly i dont have money and i dont have any dreams or goals not point in having them

it looks like ur having a good life or just blind to the reality your living it but if ur having a good time dont let me **** up ur day
thx
"Work out what's wrong and just change it" i cant change the universe who I was born to most importantly i dont have money and i dont have any dreams or goals not point in having them

it looks like ur having a good life or just blind to the reality your living it but if ur having a good time dont let me **** up ur day
thx

How is the universe effecting you? Just list it all and break it down. And agreed there isn't much point having money, especially excess and again some there isn't much point having unrealistic dreams or goals, but how about you set something to do this weekend, try something new this weekend, go somewhere new, just start small and be grateful for what you have than what you don't.

And no my life isn't good, just I don't think my problems are worth complaining about when there's people in the world with literally nothing, I'm just fortunate to live in a country where I can have a roof over my head and something to eat and drink, be it I work 40 hours a week + out of hours notes and reports for that privilege, which are the only 3 things I need to be content, I see everything else as just extra or not-needed. And you certainly won't mess up my day I've got plenty more things to do that for me :h:
video game are enjoys life is not why do you think people drink and get high its a distraction they like to forget now because now is ****

Some people do have enjoyable lives. In fact some people play video games all day lol
Reply 18
my life is boss so i don't care

Quick Reply

Latest