The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Taking a masters degree in a different subject

Currently I’m doing a bachelors degree in sport and exercise science and was wondering if it were possible to do a masters in a different subject. I was curious to know if I could do a masters in clinical psychology after my undergraduate degree in sport science?
Original post by Jaredlinter
Currently I’m doing a bachelors degree in sport and exercise science and was wondering if it were possible to do a masters in a different subject. I was curious to know if I could do a masters in clinical psychology after my undergraduate degree in sport science?

Hello @Jaredlinter,

Hope you are doing well :smile:

The entry requirements for a Masters in psychology are stated as the following on the Brookes website:

'You must normally have the following qualifications and evidence of being engaged in recent study:

an upper second-class or first-class honours degree awarded by a recognised institution of higher education in the UK or overseas.
Students will also be considered with:

a lower second class honours degree AND
60 CATS (Credit Accumulative Transfer Scheme) credits in Psychology. You must have achieved an average of 60% in these credits. Credits can be gained from a recognised institution of higher education.
Applicants who, as a result of qualifications or experience or both, can demonstrate knowledge and capabilities equivalent to those possessed by holders of the qualifications listed above, may in exceptional circumstances be admitted with dispensation from the requirement to possess those qualifications and may apply for consideration of their portfolio by the admissions committee.'

You can find out about what the course would include on the following page, if you have not had a look already: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/psychology-msc/

Since you are already an undergraduate student, I would suggest that it may be beneficial to talk to your Academic Advisor about your plans. They may be able to hep you with the options you will have in this matter.

I hope this may be able to help. If you do have anymore questions, please do feel free to ask. I would be happy to help. :smile:

All the best,

Shaf
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending