The Student Room Group

Snow

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gtty123
Oh wow. It hasn't snowed since? That's surprising.

Nope! :frown: just frost. We do get hail though
Original post by gtty123
Nice to know.

That's interesting. For me, personally, it started today.

When you actually use to snow every year of your life then you do get use to it.
Especially up north in scotland we are use to cold weather.
I do look over to the biggest artificial ski slope I'm Scotland if not UK and its very deep looking of snow.
Snow showers throughout today and temperature was minus 8 overnight on outskirts of city where im , and up in the highlands in a place called Altnaharra it was minus 17.1 degrees and may get colder than this over next few nights so we see if the coldest record of minus 27 degrees is broken or not .

So what about where you are - is it snowing.
Reply 202
Original post by Littleemma98
When you actually use to snow every year of your life then you do get use to it.
Especially up north in scotland we are use to cold weather.
I do look over to the biggest artificial ski slope I'm Scotland if not UK and its very deep looking of snow.
Snow showers throughout today and temperature was minus 8 overnight on outskirts of city where im , and up in the highlands in a place called Altnaharra it was minus 17.1 degrees and may get colder than this over next few nights so we see if the coldest record of minus 27 degrees is broken or not .

So what about where you are - is it snowing.

What a feeling that must be 😔. But - 8 and - 17 degrees?! Wow. And I thought - 3 was bad lol.

It was snowing, yes. But now it's not. It's actually been rather sunny today.
London has had a huge amount of snow this year
Original post by gtty123
What a feeling that must be 😔. But - 8 and - 17 degrees?! Wow. And I thought - 3 was bad lol.

It was snowing, yes. But now it's not. It's actually been rather sunny today.

Yeah its a good feeling when use to it.
You do get use to the colder weather temperatures like.
Only minus 3 at yours which is better than up here as you wouldn't want to swap where you are for here like.

A lot of heavy passing showers throughout the day and its chucking it down as I'm messaging.
So what's it like with sunshine as I think we need it as well to shift this snow..
So you getting passing showers to there.
Original post by jackmarshal757

Unusual for London to get loads of snow as generally its further north and beyond that get it more.
Unusual for London to get loads of snow as generally its further north and beyond that get it more.

It really doesn’t snow much in London usually, last year it didn’t snow at all
Literally snowing right now. West Midlands
It really doesn’t snow much in London usually, last year it didn’t snow at all

Yeah it don't generally but surprised to see what it getting at moment.
At least five inches baby!
Reply 210

Nice.

Yeah its a good feeling when use to it.
You do get use to the colder weather temperatures like.
Only minus 3 at yours which is better than up here as you wouldn't want to swap where you are for here like.

A lot of heavy passing showers throughout the day and its chucking it down as I'm messaging.
So what's it like with sunshine as I think we need it as well to shift this snow..
So you getting passing showers to there.

I agree. I thought - 3 was the worst possible outcome lol.

It was decently sunny for the majority of the day. Now, as of when I'm writing this, the weather is cool, calm and breezy.

Original post by V℮rsions
Literally snowing right now. West Midlands

Nice. My area was just sunny.

Original post by Callicious
At least five inches baby!

Nice. You enjoy the snow?
Original post by gtty123
Nice.

I agree. I thought - 3 was the worst possible outcome lol.

It was decently sunny for the majority of the day. Now, as of when I'm writing this, the weather is cool, calm and breezy.

Nice. My area was just sunny.

Nice. You enjoy the snow?

Ofc.

When I went for a quick mini hike, I took a large shovel-like ornament. Using said shovel-like ornament, I scooped up a big pile of snow. I jumped into the pile and rolled around like a dog, making sure to stow my camera lest it become inundated.

Snow is heaven.
Reply 212
Original post by Callicious
Ofc.

When I went for a quick mini hike, I took a large shovel-like ornament. Using said shovel-like ornament, I scooped up a big pile of snow. I jumped into the pile and rolled around like a dog, making sure to stow my camera lest it become inundated.

Snow is heaven.

Interesting to know lol.
Reply 213
Update (again): Yeah... it's back. I casually look outside to admire the great British skies, and I see snow falling. Am I surprised? Probably not. But, having said all that, it is truly something special to witness.

Quick Reply

Latest