The Student Room Group

Jp morgan hirevue reply?

Hi, so I completed my hirevue interview for JP on the 28th Nov so like a month ago. Still no reply and just shows ‘in progress’ im not sure whether to just lose hope accept the rejection email soon to come my way or is it still possible to be accepted.

So basically asking if anyone out there got the AC and JP replied to their Hirevue after a month.

Also Applied for Global Finance and Business Management in Bournemouth.
Reply 1
Usually a company will send a confirmation email to confirm they received your video responses.
Reply 2
Original post by 0le
Usually a company will send a confirmation email to confirm they received your video responses.

Yeah I got that on the 28th Nov .
Reply 3
Original post by R1BAH
Yeah I got that on the 28th Nov .

Right, so you will just have to wait then. You can try emailing them but they will probably give you a standard reply. It is also Christmas so many people will also have been on holiday for the last two weeks.
Definitely still possible to get an AC for that division.
Reply 5
Original post by anonuser99
Definitely still possible to get an AC for that division.

Oh okay cool , thanks appreciate the reply
Reply 6
Original post by 0le
Right, so you will just have to wait then. You can try emailing them but they will probably give you a standard reply. It is also Christmas so many people will also have been on holiday for the last two weeks.

Yeah that’s true , okay cool appreciate the reply
Reply 7
I apply to JPM for an off-cycle in IBD emea, I did the pymetric and hirevue in late November, but have not received any feedback yet. Is it still possible to get a positive feedback?
Reply 8
Original post by Gas-55
I apply to JPM for an off-cycle in IBD emea, I did the pymetric and hirevue in late November, but have not received any feedback yet. Is it still possible to get a positive feedback?

You may receive automated feedback but it is unlikely you will receive any feedback directly from a member of staff.
Reply 9
Original post by 0le
You may receive automated feedback but it is unlikely you will receive any feedback directly from a member of staff.

Thank you for your reply
That means that there is no more possibility to get the position?
Reply 10
Original post by Gas-55
Thank you for your reply
That means that there is no more possibility to get the position?

Why do you think receiving or not receiving feedback is related to whether you get the job or not?
Reply 11
Original post by 0le
Why do you think receiving or not receiving feedback is related to whether you get the job or not?

Simply because if they want give you an offer or simply a phone interview/AC, they will contact you in someway.. If they do not contact you in a reasonable time, it seems like you will get a rejection email in the coming months
Reply 12
Original post by Gas-55
Simply because if they want give you an offer or simply a phone interview/AC, they will contact you in someway.. If they do not contact you in a reasonable time, it seems like you will get a rejection email in the coming months

In general, receiving or not receiving feedback is different to getting an email about the progress of your application. In other words:

you can receive feedback and then progress to the next stage

you can receive feedback and then not progress to the next stage

you may not receive feedback and then progress to the next stage

you may not receive feedback and then not progress to the next stage

Some companies really do take a long time to get back to you. There could be a number of reasons for this. It is difficult to say either way why any one particular company has not yet replied. In my application for Morgan Stanley, I was rejected about three weeks after completing the tests, but I had missed a deadline to submit them, despite the system allowing me to submit. If I remember correctly, the feedback was available after I completed the tests. You were able to download it in .pdf form but it was not emailed to me.
Reply 13
Original post by 0le
In general, receiving or not receiving feedback is different to getting an email about the progress of your application. In other words:

you can receive feedback and then progress to the next stage

you can receive feedback and then not progress to the next stage

you may not receive feedback and then progress to the next stage

you may not receive feedback and then not progress to the next stage

Some companies really do take a long time to get back to you. There could be a number of reasons for this. It is difficult to say either way why any one particular company has not yet replied. In my application for Morgan Stanley, I was rejected about three weeks after completing the tests, but I had missed a deadline to submit them, despite the system allowing me to submit. If I remember correctly, the feedback was available after I completed the tests. You were able to download it in .pdf form but it was not emailed to me.

What you are saying is right, all these scenarios are possible. BTW it's not ever a good sign not receiveing any feedback after long time. Then, there are many possibilities for that, with covid the application process has slowed down, but as stated by many people around the web, a lot of phone interview and AC happened. Clearly, the off cycle to which I applied starts in July, so there are virtually possibilities to be contacted..
Last year I apply for a position at CS in February and I got the rejection email on 12 December, its hilarious.. I think that sometimes they prefer not to reject you in the short period so that you will forget even to have sent your application
There's another thread about the bournemouth scheme and no one there has heard back either. It could mean that the whole process is delayed and no AC's have happened yet. Really frustrating that there's no way to contact the recruitment team, or at least I can't find one?
Reply 15
Original post by Peakinginterests
There's another thread about the bournemouth scheme and no one there has heard back either. It could mean that the whole process is delayed and no AC's have happened yet. Really frustrating that there's no way to contact the recruitment team, or at least I can't find one?

You could just contact the hr by email, but I don't think they would give you any answer or contacting them would accelerate the process in some ways
Original post by Peakinginterests

I actually called the Head of HR on their personal number. No response. The switchboard also advised that everything is delayed. Still waiting for an AC date...
I actually messaged someone from the talent team on linkedin. I then got a reject a day or two later. Hopefully not related, but don't do what I did to be safe!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending