The Student Room Group

HO Interview for Complex Tax and Evasion Investigator

Scroll to see replies

My checks all seem to be complete (except which pension) when is a start date likely? (stratford)
Original post by unatakeoff
My checks all seem to be complete (except which pension) when is a start date likely? (stratford)

You will receive a formal offer soon, this will tell you your start date. But i'd expect the start date to be the middle of next month or perhaps the start of August. I waited a month between receiving my formal offer and starting my job, I think that is typical for most
Original post by ClanMcintosh
You will receive a formal offer soon, this will tell you your start date. But i'd expect the start date to be the middle of next month or perhaps the start of August. I waited a month between receiving my formal offer and starting my job, I think that is typical for most

Thanks. Have you started already? if so how you finding it
(edited 2 years ago)
Thanks. Have you started already? if so how you finding it

I'm already a compliance officer, started 2 years ago. (I had a look through my old emails to see how long it took to go from pre-employment checks complete to starting and it was about a month and a half).
I'm currently waiting for my pre-employment checks (and internal discipline checks 😳) to be completed for this role, it's the next pay-grade up from me (but essentially exactly the same type of work),

I love it, it is very interesting work. can be quite overwhelming at times but the benefits far out-weigh the cons, especially flexi leave which is worth its weight in gold in my opinion
I've got 2 more checks left; pension and any workplace adjustments and I've completed DBS and the health questionnaire. Just curious when did others get asked to complete the CTC check or is that after a formal offer? Thanks in advance 🙂
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Charlie237
I've got 2 more checks left; pension and any workplace adjustments and I've completed DBS and the health questionnaire. Just curious when did others get asked to complete the CTC check or is that after a formal offer? Thanks in advance 🙂

All checks now completed and did not complete CTC.
Original post by Raskwan1987
Had confirmation that the merit list and reserve list are the same. Jolly, given that you are 1/19 you are guaranteed for sure. We just need to wait for them to allocate the jobs out.

Any news on a provisional offer??
Original post by Peaky12345
Any news on a provisional offer??

I got my provisional offer two days ago
Original post by Jollyme12
I got my provisional offer two days ago

Congrats 🥳

I also did, just waiting on PEC. How long do you think it will take for a formal offer?

I also noticed in the conditional offer letter it was a compliance caseworker role, is this the same or a similar position?
Original post by Peaky12345
Congrats 🥳

I also did, just waiting on PEC. How long do you think it will take for a formal offer?

I also noticed in the conditional offer letter it was a compliance caseworker role, is this the same or a similar position?

Congrats guys, where were you placed on the reserve list? What was your interview score? Does anyone know if the base salary has been changed to what HEOs are currently being advertised at now for HMRC?
Original post by Jamin87
Congrats guys, where were you placed on the reserve list? What was your interview score? Does anyone know if the base salary has been changed to what HEOs are currently being advertised at now for HMRC?

Yep now is £33080 national and £37606 London.
Anyone received a start date in July yet?
Got my offer through a couple of days ago too.
Anyone received a start date in July yet?

I received a start date for July for another HO role. I wanted this role intially and have been sent a provisional offer, has anyone else accepted two offers before and how do you go about it
Anyone know if this role attracts a flexibility payment? It states in the description -

“Commitment to work outside of standard office hours when required, sometimes at short notice.

Entitlement to unsocial hours pay may be allowable if the working hours are considered unsocial by HMRC”.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by misticnutmeg
Did you receive a start date for the compliance officer? If so, don't worry too much as there is not a difference between the compliance and the Tax evasion one..

I received a start date for HO FLM compliance Manger only
How long did it take to get your start date after accepting the provisional offer?
Original post by Jamin87
Anyone know if this role attracts a flexibility payment? It states in the description -

“Commitment to work outside of standard office hours when required, sometimes at short notice.

Entitlement to unsocial hours pay may be allowable if the working hours are considered unsocial by HMRC”.

Flexibility payment seems part of the salary paid up front. For the above role it seems from the wording you get paid extra on a discretionary basis.
This is what Flexibility rules are from another role.

Financial investigator HO
Flexibility Payment in Fraud Investigation Service / Risk and Intelligence Service with effect from 1 June 2021

Flexibility Payment
The role for which you’ve applied is eligible for the Flexibility Payment.
The Flexibility Payment is paid to staff, in eligible roles in the Fraud Investigation Service (FIS) and Risk and Intelligence Service (RIS), in return for the level of attendance, contactability and flexibility required by those roles.
The job description of the role for which you’ve applied sets out the level of payment you can expect.
What Flexibility Payment buys
The Flexibility Payment comprises three levels, each of which provides a different type and quantity of flexibility and additional attendance:
Level 1a buys flexibility and contactability
Level 1b buys on-call coverage
Level 2 buys the flexibility and contactability of 1a, the on-call coverage of 1b, plus a specified number of additional hours.
To be honest, I think that candidate pack was constructed before November 2020. The basic payment stated is £30,800 but I’ve been led to believe it is now £33,800? Point being, a lot of info from the candidate pack might be irrelevant now as it’s not up to date. Doesn’t really make sense how a FI would be eligible for FP but not a complex tax investigator that would surely be out in the field often?
Original post by Jamin87
To be honest, I think that candidate pack was constructed before November 2020. The basic payment stated is £30,800 but I’ve been led to believe it is now £33,800? Point being, a lot of info from the candidate pack might be irrelevant now as it’s not up to date. Doesn’t really make sense how a FI would be eligible for FP but not a complex tax investigator that would surely be out in the field often?

A lot does not make sense. I don't think it is a new allowance. I am on a reserve list for this post, yet they Financial investigator are advertising more posts. To me the roles sound the same, the only difference the complex tax officer seems field based, and the FI more office based. I would have thought they would exhaust the reserve list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending