The Student Room Group

Biochemistry at ICL,UCL,KCL or Warwick

My Predicted/UCAS grades which have been sent off to my choices are AAAA in biology, chemistry, maths, as well as an EPQ in a biology related topic. My 4 main university choices include ICL, UCL, KCL and Warwick. What would be my chances of receiving an offer to study biochemistry at these universities?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Also would you recommend applying to the MSci or the BSc for biochemistry at UCL. I understand that the MSci is a bachelor's degree with a masters degree integrated in, however i've heard that it is less respected compared to a MSc. Is this true?
If you meet the entry requirements in full and can write a sensible Personal Statement, you have as much chance of any offer as anyone else in the same position. No-one here can predict whether or not you will get an offer.

A 2i or First class honours degree from any of those Unis will be 'respected'. Undergrad 'M' degrees are more focussed towards research - ie. an eventual PhD etc but a BSc is more than enough to get a good grad job.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
If you meet the entry requirements in full and can write a sensible Personal Statement, you have as much chance of any offer as anyone else in the same position. No-one here can predict whether or not you will get an offer.

A 2i or First class honours degree from any of those Unis will be 'respected'. Undergrad 'M' degrees are more focussed towards research - ie. an eventual PhD etc but a BSc is more than enough to get a good grad job.

Thank you for the response! Do you know by any chance if an MSci would be harder to get onto than just a regular BSc. At UCL the entry requirements are AAA for both degree levels, however some universities require higher grades for the MSci. This leads me to believe the MSci would be harder to receive an offer for. I'm currently awaiting a response from UCL regarding this, however any information in the mean time would be very useful.
Reply 4
Original post by Deccc03
My Predicted/UCAS grades which have been sent off to my choices are AAAA in biology, chemistry, maths, as well as an EPQ in a biology related topic. My 4 main university choices include ICL, UCL, KCL and Warwick. What would be my chances of receiving an offer to study biochemistry at these universities?

Where are you planning to go? I've firmed KCL and insured Warwick for Biomed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending