Should I leave my Church?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’ve been talking to this guy for a while, known him longer than I’ve been a part of my Church and now I realise that I quite like him. However, my Church says that we can’t date outside of the Church never mind do anything else.
When faced with the reality that this would be choosing worldly men and sin over God, I back down but it’s so difficult sometimes. I feel like I’m compromising my happiness but then what’s a little sadness and disappointment now next to external life with God.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If the thought has crossed your mind to ask on here then yes.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I’ve been talking to this guy for a while, known him longer than I’ve been a part of my Church and now I realise that I quite like him. However, my Church says that we can’t date outside of the Church never mind do anything else.
When faced with the reality that this would be choosing worldly men and sin over God, I back down but it’s so difficult sometimes.
Why do you equate what your Church says with what your God says?

The Church sound rather controlling.
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It sounds more like a cult.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which kind of church are you a member of?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Yes I think so
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by YaliaV123)
It sounds more like a cult.
Par for the course.
heldbygrace
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, I think so, the church shouldn't constrict what you can do, what you do is between you and God. If you feel that God is with you and calling you to him that's where you should go. Talk to him, away from church, just in your house or outside or something, where you just focus on him. He will tell you what to do because he knows what's best for you.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tbh you should look into Islam if you're having doubts then a lot of your questions can be answered just visit your local mosque and try it out.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does it really have to be an either-or situation?! :dontknow:

Also: that moment when I entirely agree with a post by RogerOxon , replying to someone about their Christian faith :headfire:

:innocent:
Corps
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
2 Corinthians 6: 14
“Do not try to work together as equals with unbelievers, for it cannot be done. How can right and wrong be partners? How can light and darkness live together?”

Surely this ought to be open to interpretation (you’re not going to seclude yourself from the world)but when talking about one of the most intimate relationships you can form idk.
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yh
pink00
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When you say you can’t date outside of your church do you mean outside of your specific church (the congregation) or outside Christianity?

Dating within Christianity is reasonable I feel, dating only within the congregation is most certainly not
Akuma
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
God isn't real. So you can do what you like.

And yes, obviously you should leave your church.
pink00
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Akuma)
God isn't real. So you can do what you like.

And yes, obviously you should leave your church.
You believe that God isn’t real, but you don’t get the authority to dictate what others believe sorry
Akuma
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pink00)
You believe that God isn’t real, but you don’t get the authority to dictate what others believe sorry
That's true. People are free to believe what they wish. However their doing that doesn't alter objective reality.
pink00
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Akuma)
That's true. People are free to believe what they wish. However their doing that doesn't alter objective reality.
But it isn’t objective reality, it’s subjective reality
Akuma
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pink00)
But it isn’t objective reality, it’s subjective reality
I see..

Here's the definition of "reality".

the actual state of things, or the facts involved in such a state

and here's the definition of "subjective"

influenced by or based on personal beliefs or feelings, rather than based on facts

From here: https://dictionary.cambridge.org
Last edited by Akuma; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (402)
52.21%
No (368)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed