The Student Room Group

religious crisis

hello, i am 19 and currently at university. i come from a Pentecostal church and have been raised in it since i was a baby. i have also been to a catholic school as well. this time last year i got baptized and to be honest i was not ready, i barely read the bible and don't have a full understanding of Christianity.
Reply 1
Original post by mylifeasci
hello, i am 19 and currently at university. i come from a Pentecostal church and have been raised in it since i was a baby. i have also been to a catholic school as well. this time last year i got baptized and to be honest i was not ready, i barely read the bible and don't have a full understanding of Christianity.

Hi!

Sorry to hear that you're unable to understand to which religion you belong from. But don't worry. You'll figure it out very shortly. Please answer these questions first - do you believe in God? If you do, then tell me how many Gods do you think exist? I'll then share a solution with you and by the grace of Almighty, you'll find out everything.
Reply 2
Original post by Meheraj
Hi!

Sorry to hear that you're unable to understand to which religion you belong from. But don't worry. You'll figure it out very shortly. Please answer these questions first - do you believe in God? If you do, then tell me how many Gods do you think exist? I'll then share a solution with you and by the grace of Almighty, you'll find out everything.

I believe there is a god and there’s only one god
Reply 3
I believe there is a god and there’s only one god

Then, you shouldn't be concerned at all. Keep all the misconceptions out of your head if you had any of them in the past regarding your existence as well as God. Just pray from the bottom of your heart and ask God to guide you to your religion and show you the right path or meaning of your life. One thing I would request you is that cleanse yourself before praying. In my religion, it's said purity is part of faith and God is close to those who are pure. If you follow this way, I promise God will show his mysticism and will guide you to the right track. Good luck and may God shower his blessings on you! Ameen!
Luv, most Christians themselves have barely read more than 5 pages of the Bible so you’re fine in that regard. Moreover, irrespective of whether you’ve been baptised or whatever, you’re not required to believe in any of the associated doctrine.
Reply 5
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Luv, most Christians themselves have barely read more than 5 pages of the Bible so you’re fine in that regard. Moreover, irrespective of whether you’ve been baptised or whatever, you’re not required to believe in any of the associated doctrine.

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t been to church since I started uni and my father is one of leaders and some of the leaders in my church know that I haven’t been going to church. So I decided this week I’ll just go and check it out. But it’s a struggle.
Reply 6

Hii, I would say try to learn more about your religion so you gain more of an understanding and can go from there to try find what you believe solely alone .Hope you can better your understanding and find what you believe in :smile:
Hello, I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums. You can see a full list of all of the available forums here - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forum.php Thanks.
Thanks for the reply. I haven’t been to church since I started uni and my father is one of leaders and some of the leaders in my church know that I haven’t been going to church. So I decided this week I’ll just go and check it out. But it’s a struggle.

Hiya,

Are you able to describe why/how it's a struggle? Do you feel you're losing your faith, or never had faith to begin with? Were you pressured into getting baptised? I'm sorry if that was the case, that's not how it should be.

There'll always be Christians - and people of other religions - trying to pressure you into believing what they believe. Uni is a good time to figure out for/by yourself, what YOU believe independently of anyone else. I think it's quite natural to have a crisis of faith at uni because you're out of the bubble of your religious background and you meet people with all kinds of lifestyles and viewpoints. It certainly was an eye-opener for me (I'm Roman Catholic) going to church at uni and feeling highly uncomfortable/out of place there :yep:

Thinking of you and wishing you well with your onward discernment of this. Don't let people from TSR prey (no spelling error there!) on you :nah:

@Sorcerer of Old has made some good points above :yes:
Reply 9

then it is invalid and says something about the church you were brought up in.

Do you want to change?

If so, how?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending