The Student Room Group

Shaving Beards in Islam

This is a really weird question btw...
But in Islam, a man shaving his beard isn't heavily praised and is better to keep it- but what if it causes problems. For example, when they get married if their wife has really sensitive skin and gets rashes , wouldnt it be allowed to shave it then? I know some people say you can soften it by conditioning it or using coconut but some people really do have sensitive skin and get rashes. Surely it would be ok to shave it in that circumstance.
It is a sunna for a man to have a beard however if it causes issues they can get rid of it. It is their choice to keep the beard although it is better to have one. :smile:
Original post by Zainab29
It is a sunna for a man to have a beard however if it causes issues they can get rid of it. It is their choice to keep the beard although it is better to have one. :smile:

oh really! because from what I've seen apparently it's close to mandatory (if possible of course) :frown:
Original post by day_dreamer1909
oh really! because from what I've seen apparently it's close to mandatory (if possible of course) :frown:

Many men keep a beard because the prophet did however others might consider other factors first. So obviously its better if the man does keep one but if they don't want to its not compulsory.
Most of the men in my family keep one but one or two would rather not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Original post by Zainab29
Many men keep a beard because the prophet did however others might consider other factors first. So obviously its better if the man does keep one but if they don't want to its not compulsory.
Most of the men in my family keep one but one or two would rather not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oh ok thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending