The Student Room Group

Speeding

As I was doing 52mph in a 30 zone I seen what I’m pretty sure was a police ANPR car (it was dark) pulled into a side street, they didn’t pull me over, can they still fine me or give me points via post etc...
Reply 1
Original post by Danny160797
As I was doing 52mph in a 30 zone I seen what I’m pretty sure was a police ANPR car (it was dark) pulled into a side street, they didn’t pull me over, can they still fine me or give me points via post etc...

That was very stupid of you.
Original post by IWMTom

thanks for your very useful input. if you don't have anything useful to say, don't say it
Reply 3
Original post by IWMTom

Thanks for pointing that out
Reply 4
Original post by Igotbbcalevel
thanks for your very useful input. if you don't have anything useful to say, don't say it

It was useful input, well done. Enjoy your BBC.

Thanks for pointing that out

No worries. Sometimes the dim need the obvious pointing out to them.
The ANPR car doesn't clock your speed at the said moment. However, if the police did notice your speed from a far, all they need to do is clock your number plate. And yes, if they clock you number plate. You can receive a fine/ points or etc. But, the fact they didn't chase up potentially means they were there for another operation maybe. But we don't know. You'll just have to keep an eye out on your post.
Reply 6
Original post by deep_learning
The ANPR car doesn't clock your speed at the said moment. However, if the police did notice your speed from a far, all they need to do is clock your number plate. And yes, if they clock you number plate. You can receive a fine/ points or etc. But, the fact they didn't chase up potentially means they were there for another operation maybe. But we don't know. You'll just have to keep an eye out on your post.

They was parked up am I couldn’t see them until I drove past them there was no way they clocked me from a far.
Reply 7
Original post by IWMTom
It was useful input, well done. Enjoy your BBC.

No worries. Sometimes the dim need the obvious pointing out to them.

Yes I agree. You’re a tool, just thought I’d let the tools know
(edited 3 years ago)
I think if they wanted to fine you or give you a ticket they would have pulled you over. Hope it all works out! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by northener_3006
I think if they wanted to fine you or give you a ticket they would have pulled you over. Hope it all works out! :smile:

Thank you!

So why did you say his/her comment was “useful”
Reply 11
Yes I agree. You’re a tool, just thought I’d let the tools know

I may be a tool, but at least I didn't do 52mph through a 30mph zone.

Hopefully you'll be summoned to court and have your licence revoked. We don't more need idiots on the roads.

You do not have to get pulled over to get a ticket. If you were going that fast in a 30 zone, expect to turn heads.

Utterly reckless speed to do in 30 zone.

I’d say he has a point.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by RoyalSheepy
You do not have to get pulled over to get a ticket. If you were going that fast in a 30 zone, expect to turn heads.

Utterly reckless speed to do in 30 zone.

I’d say he has a point.

I didn’t realise it was a 30 zone
Ignore the hate you're getting on this thread. They act like they've never done anything wrong or questionable themselves which is quite hypocritical. Yes, doing a 52 in a 30 is ridiculous. You are in the wrong. But as long as you realise your mistake, unlike some people out there who justify their blatant wrong doings till the end, you're on the right path. You claim that you didn't realise it was a 30? That's fine. Only you know if that's the truth or not. As long as you stick to speed limits from now on for your own sake at the least.
Reply 15
Ignore the hate you're getting on this thread. They act like they've never done anything wrong or questionable themselves which is quite hypocritical. Yes, doing a 52 in a 30 is ridiculous. You are in the wrong. But as long as you realise your mistake, unlike some people out there who justify their blatant wrong doings till the end, you're on the right path. You claim that you didn't realise it was a 30? That's fine. Only you know if that's the truth or not. As long as you stick to speed limits from now on for your own sake at the least.

His only concern is potential prosecution. No thought given to the danger of the act.

I can categorically say that I've never driven through a 30mph zone at 52mph, so where exactly am I being hypocritical?

Anyone who can miss the obvious change of speed limit from 50mph to 30mph AND a fluorescent Police car isn't fit to hold a driving licence.

Yes, it is possible, they can send a section 172 notice/NIP within 14 days. ACPO guidelines dictate that 52 will be a court summons.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by IWMTom
His only concern is potential prosecution. No thought given to the danger of the act.

I can categorically say that I've never driven through a 30mph zone at 52mph, so where exactly am I being hypocritical?

Anyone who can miss the obvious change of speed limit from 50mph to 30mph AND a fluorescent Police car isn't fit to hold a driving licence.

"His only concern is potential prosecution. No thought given to the danger of the act."
- thats fine, I agree to that as well.
"I can categorically say that I've never driven through a 30mph zone at 52mph, so where exactly am I being hypocritical?"
- "never done anything wrong or questionable themselves" --> please read. I said it in broad terms...

and for your final sentence. We all make mistakes. Thankfully, no one was hurt, including the one behind the wheel. If he doesn't receive a potential prosecution at all, we can only hope that he leans from his mistakes and doesn't commit them again. Anything beyond that are just opinions.
Reply 18
"His only concern is potential prosecution. No thought given to the danger of the act."
- thats fine, I agree to that as well.
"I can categorically say that I've never driven through a 30mph zone at 52mph, so where exactly am I being hypocritical?"
- "never done anything wrong or questionable themselves" --> please read. I said it in broad terms...

and for your final sentence. We all make mistakes. Thankfully, no one was hurt, including the one behind the wheel. If he doesn't receive a potential prosecution at all, we can only hope that he leans from his mistakes and doesn't commit them again. Anything beyond that are just opinions.

There's no room for "mistakes" when operating a two ton machine capable of causing death and destruction. That's not opinion, it's fact.
It was a road with very little street lighting an no houses. Just farm land and fields therefore my
Thoughts not knowing it was a 30mph road

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending