The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Notnek
TSR should ban anyone over the age of 21.

:flybye::hide:

I'm banned along with you all :cry2:
Original post by Anonymous
, i am scared

Um because you could be a student at any age? 🤷
I did read that but why does it make a difference? You’d both still be here when your student days are over, the join date is irrelevant to that.
I joined when my son was applying to UK universities, but didn't want to ask questions himself. Now I give advice / encouragement on Oxbridge, help with maths and physics questions, and attempt to cure people of their religious afflictions.

Do I have your permission .. ?
What's wrong with that?
Original post by BurstingBubbles
:flybye::hide:

I'm banned along with you all :cry2:

Aww you're probably a nice person :console:

Stay as long as you want on tsr :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm not, nor am I in my forties :frown:

Not defensive, or convinced that you were thinking :smile:

Whenever you talk to a stranger on the internet, you should assume that you know nothing about them. Those that claim to be older are probably the ones to worry about the least.
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
I don’t see why it would be creepy unless they were actually displaying creepy behaviour. And if someone enjoys using this site they’re unlikely to suddenly stop the second they’re no longer a student. Even you may remain once your student days are over...

i agree
a rly nice user who became friends with me who is probs in his/her 20s is helping me out with some degree stuff :smile: i think older users can be rly nice, but i get why it can be a bit creepy lol

like some creepy guys PMing me.... :frown: 🤢
plus alot of teachers/older ppl can actually be of alot of benefit :smile: eg. ik quite a few who help me out with my math questions
Original post by vix.xvi
i agree
a rly nice user who became friends with me who is probs in his/her 20s is helping me out with some degree stuff :smile: i think older users can be rly nice, but i get why it can be a bit creepy lol

like some creepy guys PMing me.... :frown: 🤢

Well if they are saying anything inappropriate you should report them - the mods can still see private messages
Original post by harrysbar
Well if they are saying anything inappropriate you should report them - the mods can still see private messages

oh ok thanks :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
, i am scared

Lol. If you were a 40 year old (or a 55 year old like me) you would have written "why are there 40 year olds here" not "why are there LIKE 40 year olds here" . Us old people don't put a LIKE in there. (we don't use so may SO's either e.g. I an SO confused, thank you SO much etc etc) saves effort when you are gasping for every breath and trying to control the zimmer frame at the time
So should we get rid of @PQ, @Muttley79,@CoolCavy, @Compost, @Oxford Mum etc (there are also other users I would tag but I won't)? Ok then next time you need help with something don't post it on TSR as you could get a response from "users who joined after they stopped studying".

Original post by Notnek
TSR should ban anyone over the age of 21.

So you? :colone: cause correct me if in wrong you're over the age of 21 right?
Reply 74
This thread is so ageist in places! It makes me feel like I’m up way past my bedtime and that my only joy in life is looking forward to antiques roadshow/ CountryFile on the telly. Of course, back in my day, we didn’t have TVs... 👵🏻😂
Reply 75
Original post by Imane888
So should we get rid of @PQ, @Muttley79,@CoolCavy, @Compost, @Oxford Mum etc (there are also other users I would tag but I won't)? Ok then next time you need help with something don't post it on TSR as you could get a response from "users who joined after they stopped studying".

So you? :colone: cause correct me if in wrong you're over the age of 21 right?

No, I joined TSR when I was 5. I have watched the site grow as I grew up.
Original post by HS_1
i'm stealing ur nandos now for the disrespect tyvm

Original post by HS_1
wys b

The youth of today. So rude eh smh lol
Original post by Bang Outta Order
The youth of today. So rude eh smh lol

i'm 19 fyi and xD only sweetness here
Original post by Notnek
No, I joined TSR when I was 5. I have watched the site grow as I grew up.

Based on the things I've seen I wouldn't be surprised if there are ppl on here the age of 5...
Reply 79
There were 5 users tagged. So you're saying you know 2.5 of them but not the other 2.5 :holmes:

Latest