The Student Room Group

My turn it in score came in 30 precent, what do I do?

My turn it in score came on 30 precent when i handed my assignment. I am a first year student, this is my second assignment. I don’t know what to do, the phrases came in turn it in which was 2 or 1% I could not cite it as I was running out of time this morning as I have not been managing my time well due to the current pandemic I felt more depressed but this is no excuse. I only have it in my bibliography. I don’t know what to do now, will I get kicked out, I don’t know what to do now, I can afford getting kicked out as this course has always been my dream. Help plz help plz
Original post by Anonymous
My turn it in score came on 30 precent when i handed my assignment. I am a first year student, this is my second assignment. I don’t know what to do, the phrases came in turn it in which was 2 or 1% I could not cite it as I was running out of time this morning as I have not been managing my time well due to the current pandemic I felt more depressed but this is no excuse. I only have it in my bibliography. I don’t know what to do now, will I get kicked out, I don’t know what to do now, I can afford getting kicked out as this course has always been my dream. Help plz help plz

As you go along in a course use a reference manager to keep a record of all the things you read or any recommended reading. When writing an essay never copy what the text has said because then you are not making your own judgement instead criticise what it says e.g. this text (citation) ascertains this point despite JUDGEMENT. That way you won't be copying, also always do your bibliography as you write because its better to be using fewer references but no plagiarism than the other way around.
Original post by Anonymous

It's difficult to say, I doubt you'd be kicked out as you're a first year. But not citing properly is a huge issue and is a form of plagiarism. I recommend talking to your personal tutor or lecturer for this module to ask for their advice. In future please please please make it a priority to fully cite and reference your work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending