The Student Room Group

Vegetarianism Dissertation

Hi everyone. I’m starting to think about what dissertation topic I should pick for next year. I’m studying Philosophy so it needs to be at least vaguely related to that. I’m quite interested in vegetarianism so I’m considering doing it on something related to that, but I know it’s a bit of a overused and unoriginal topic. Does anyone have any ideas on a how I can approach this topic in a slightly new or original way?
Look up jainism as they take a step further than veganism, quite interesting.
Original post by sleepysunshine
Hi everyone. I’m starting to think about what dissertation topic I should pick for next year. I’m studying Philosophy so it needs to be at least vaguely related to that. I’m quite interested in vegetarianism so I’m considering doing it on something related to that, but I know it’s a bit of a overused and unoriginal topic. Does anyone have any ideas on a how I can approach this topic in a slightly new or original way?

Hi @sleepysunshine !

This is an interesting topic and there are so many paths you could take with it.
A lot of people for their dissertations will type the topic they're interested in into google news. You'll find reports about vegetarianism and issues and debates from these, especially as many them are an opinion or reporting about an opinion. Also, this means that your dissertation will be relevant to the current day.
Try scrolling and searching through and you should be able to find something that interests you. You could always find a few and then present them to your tutor and they'll be able to offer advice about the direction you could take with them.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending