The Student Room Group

How to pay £400k debt? Besides working?

Scroll to see replies

I actually personally owe 10 million to Kim Jong Un so don’t get me started!!
Reply 21
Original post by Student100020
Defo a troll, owes 400k to Iran government, give me a break 😂😂

Why would people in the uk want to have their money sent to a different country?
I don't think a Gofundme campaign for a failed business venture overseas is going to get much traction. It's just going to read like a scam.

Honestly it would just be better to pursue bankruptcy/insolvency options in the country where the debt is.
Oh God definitely not. I’m really careful and not even finished school yet as especially this has happened I’ll be careful for the rest of my life. No not family that live here. They’ve already sold everything but the debt is too great. I just need to find a way but I’m not sure how. Do you have any ideas/suggestions about how to if possible to just make a quarter of that money back?

Original post by Admit-One
I don't think a Gofundme campaign for a failed business venture overseas is going to get much traction. It's just going to read like a scam.

Honestly it would just be better to pursue bankruptcy/insolvency options in the country where the debt is.

I know that’s why I don’t really want to make a gofundme. They’ve already declared but in prison now and they’ve sold everything. I mean my family here have done the best they could but they can’t do anymore now. I don’t need to do anything since there’s nothing I can do. But I just want to know ways to make that much money again. Tbh it’s already just probably wishful thinking. I don’t think they can give the money back without some sort of miracle.
If there were any reasonably low risk ways to earn several hundred thousand pounds, (without working!), we would probably all be doing it right now rather than faffing around on a student forum.

Unfortunately there are no routes out of this situation beyond the legal system.
Op, I don't know credible this option is, but wouldn't emmigrating out of Iran cost less than £400,000?
Yes it’s till they pay it back or until the people my uncles own the debt to forgives the debt. This happened 5 years ago but since the currency has dropped, now would be the best time to repay it using GBP. So they’re in prison now. The system in Iran with business and bankruptcies aren’t good, unfortunately it’s not like here.

Original post by Admit-One
If there were any reasonably low risk ways to earn several hundred thousand pounds, (without working!), we would probably all be doing it right now rather than faffing around on a student forum.

Unfortunately there are no routes out of this situation beyond the legal system.

I know :redface:

Original post by glassalice
Op, I don't know credible this option is, but wouldn't emmigrating out of Iran cost less than £400,000?

It would but they’re in prison now so can’t do much.
like I said this was just to get some ideas, it’s not my responsibility but I would like to find a way.
Yep you’re right. We will c how it goes.
Hi! £3000 to get him free!!! I just need to find a way to gather the money. Does anyone have any suggestions?
£3000? get a job
How’s 400k gone to 3k, not even 1% of the original debt?
Original post by SparkleFace
Hi! £3000 to get him free!!! I just need to find a way to gather the money. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sounds unlikely but...
Get a job, take out a loan 🤷🏼*♀️
Original post by GabiAbi84
Sounds unlikely but...
Get a job, take out a loan 🤷🏼*♀️

I don’t rly want to take out a loan unless it’s for uni or for a massive business idea or something in the future whilst evaluating the risks. I’d love to get a job, I’ve sent my cv and called loads of places but they’ve all said they had to get rid of employees instead so they don’t need anyone.
Original post by SparkleFace
I don’t rly want to take out a loan unless it’s for uni or for a massive business idea or something in the future whilst evaluating the risks. I’d love to get a job, I’ve sent my cv and called loads of places but they’ve all said they had to get rid of employees instead so they don’t need anyone.

Well then you’re out of luck I guess 🤷🏼*♀️
Should have invested in Gamestop like me. You still can.
Hi, I just wanted to update.
After 4 years, he’s been finally released and all the debts have been cleared. He’s been given a small loan to start up his business again.
I’m so thankful and so grateful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending