The Student Room Group

Continued... DWP Work Coach Vacancies July, September, November 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ACDC
Hi guys. Got a question for those of you who have started the Work Coach role. What are you working hours like? Do any of you have to work till 8pm on a weekday or Saturdays? Is this normal? And if so, how are you finding it? Thanks!!

think I was told 1 late every 4 weeks and 1 Saturday as well
Hi all, I start in Leicester on 22nd Feb. Any idea how long the training period is? Also, I am probably running ahead of myself, but does any one know what the protocol is for booking a holiday as I am desperate for my sanity!
Original post by ACDC
Hi guys. Got a question for those of you who have started the Work Coach role. What are you working hours like? Do any of you have to work till 8pm on a weekday or Saturdays? Is this normal? And if so, how are you finding it? Thanks!!

I’ve not started yet but I was told it’s 1 in 4 Saturdays and once a week there will be an 8pm finish during the week although this is still currently 6.30pm for now.
Update:
Applied for Manchester and North London

16/12 Applied
18/12 SJT
21/12 Invite to Interview
24/12 Interview
15/01 Invite for RTW Check
19/01 Interview for RTW Check
20/01 Provisional Offer Received
24/01 Submitted PEC forms
03/02 Received Formal Conditional Offer for NL

So I received a call saying I can start in North London on 22nd February and sign my contract even though my PECs aren't back. If they come back bad then my contract will be terminated but this shouldn't be an issue - for all intents and purposes I have the job! :biggrin:

I have been told the initial training period is 7 Weeks. And that every few weeks I will have to work a Saturday and a late shift - this is normal hours and you are not paid overtine for that. 23 days holiday, 6 months probation, and only half of my leave can be used before probation ends.

Original post by leicestermick
Hi all, I start in Leicester on 22nd Feb. Any idea how long the training period is? Also, I am probably running ahead of myself, but does any one know what the protocol is for booking a holiday as I am desperate for my sanity!

Hey

See what I've written above^

To add, they said that they are quite strict with the training period so you should not be taking any time off during that period as it will cause delays and push things back as they have a set structure of doing things (whatever that means).
For booking holiday, you will probably have to speak to your line manager when you start so they can check against what days have already been booked off by others and see what days are available - at least this is how it's worked with every other job I have done :u:

Best of luck mate
Original post by Claire0405
I’ve not started yet but I was told it’s 1 in 4 Saturdays and once a week there will be an 8pm finish during the week although this is still currently 6.30pm for now.

When do you start working if you finish at 6.30, like how hours a day? and also the 8pm finish, does it start later or early in the day ?
Reply 385
Original post by Claire0405

thanks. can you clarify the start times too
You always work the same amount of hours, therefore if you are on a late and staying 90 mins or 2 hours later than usual, you just start 90 mins or 2 hours later than usual. I do 8 til 4 usually. If im on a 6:30, i come in at 10:30am instead.
(edited 3 years ago)
Is this role working from home atm? Or is this in office?
Hi - congratulations to all those with start dates :smile: . Does anyone know how much do we need to know about the Civil Service before we start our training? I have logged onto the portal to look at the induction information and need to complete all the pre-joining information - however am confused as there doesnt appear to be anything to complete only to read through. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Also are there any new starters for Burnley on 15th February??? x
Original post by Jomojo1070
Hi - congratulations to all those with start dates :smile: . Does anyone know how much do we need to know about the Civil Service before we start our training? I have logged onto the portal to look at the induction information and need to complete all the pre-joining information - however am confused as there doesnt appear to be anything to complete only to read through. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Also are there any new starters for Burnley on 15th February??? x

I’m in exactly the same situation, thought I was doing something wrong when I couldn’t find anything to fill in. Just lots of info to read on the induction
Original post by Trish111122
I’m in exactly the same situation, thought I was doing something wrong when I couldn’t find anything to fill in. Just lots of info to read on the induction

Hi Trish - phew I have only just logged on and am panicking to how much info is on there. Do you think we are expected to know everything or will just a basic understanding be ok? x
Original post by Jomojo1070
Hi Trish - phew I have only just logged on and am panicking to how much info is on there. Do you think we are expected to know everything or will just a basic understanding be ok? x

I think you’d have to be some sort of super special to remember all that info, I’ve had a read through it all and will have another look through towards the end of next week before 1st day on the 15th x
Original post by Lorraine12
“Thank you for completing the online Situational Judgement Test. Your application will now be reviewed by our team.” Has Anyone who applied for the south London application and have this on their portal? Mine has been like this for 3 weeks.. is this a way they let you know that you didn’t pass by not updating when you passed or not and by letting you know a month later ?

I’m in the same position! Applied for the 51 campaign and that was the last update - nothing since on that one. Sure I read someone on this forum has had an offer from that campaign? Not sure though
Reply 393
how likely do you you think is finding permanent job after probation? Are several the internal vacancy ?
Reply 394
Original post by FutureTuition
I’m in the same position! Applied for the 51 campaign and that was the last update - nothing since on that one. Sure I read someone on this forum has had an offer from that campaign? Not sure though

After submitting PECs a week ago, I was put on reserve yesterday for this location.
Original post by Sa05y1
After submitting PECs a week ago, I was put on reserve yesterday for this location.

Well done on getting an offer!

Seems like they could have let us down by now though haha

Do you (or anyone else) know if the RTW email means you've passed your interview or does everyone who interviews also receive that email?
Reply 396
Hi.Is there anyone from November campaign for North-Mid Wales been offered a formal offer/start date?
I’ve had a call !! 🙌🏼🙌🏼
I was at work this morning & got a call from my 2nd choice (Kent area). I told him I was at work & he’s calling back after 1pm so anytime now

I’m pacing 🤣
Reply 398
Original post by Claire2022
Anyone please help, can disclosing any health issues stop you from getting an offer?

The Civil Service are very good at supporting people with health issues. They should make reasonable adjustments.
Reply 399
Original post by claire31373
I’ve had a call !! 🙌🏼🙌🏼
I was at work this morning & got a call from my 2nd choice (Kent area). I told him I was at work & he’s calling back after 1pm so anytime now

I’m pacing 🤣

Congratulations! Where in Kent?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending