The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Is Leeds a safe city?

Hi, I was just wondering is Leeds safe on/off campus. I’ve been told there are certain areas that are worse than others but as a student do you notice/experience crime?
Reply 1
Original post by Pineapple Plant
Hi, I was just wondering is Leeds safe on/off campus. I’ve been told there are certain areas that are worse than others but as a student do you notice/experience crime?

Hey. I’m a University of Leeds student, I’m in my second year and I’ve never experienced or seen crime take place. I think this is a misconception people seem to have but be rest assured, you’ll be okay! Leeds is a beautiful city & has a lot to offer.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Been a lot going around on the Leeds Student’s Group about groups of 12-16 year olds harassing, attacking etc students. There’s a fair few cases, mostly around Headingley & Hyde Park. It’s a shame cos I live there and I deffo feel less safe walking about. I’ve never experienced anything myself though.
I'm a mature student, applying to the University of Leeds this year. Lived in Leeds for 20 years, as a point of reference! Leeds is about as safe as anywhere else. If you make yourself a target, then you're more likely to fall victim to crime. Just take normal precautions and you should be fine.
Original post by pineapple plant
hi, i was just wondering is leeds safe on/off campus. I’ve been told there are certain areas that are worse than others but as a student do you notice/experience crime?

do not go to beeston

Quick Reply

Latest