The Student Room Group

Leeds Cardiff or Manchester

My main aim is to do undergrad Law LLB.
I got an offer from Cardiff Intl Year 1 LLB.
I got an offer from Leeds Intl Year 1 Intr Relations
I have an option to go for INTO foundaiton and progression to LLB at Univeristy of Manchester.

I am a bit confused.
a) Shoudl I go ahead with Cardiff although I am reluctant and have a feeling that its a small town and many not be that good as bigger cities.
b) Continue with Leeds Int Yr 1 Intl Relations and after 3-years of undergard do GDL course to progression into LLB/Law.
c) To do the foundaiton for UoManchester and next year progress towards LLB law first year.
Original post by engjaw
I have an option to go for INTO foundaiton and progression to LLB at Univeristy of Manchester.

I am a bit confused.
a) Shoudl I go ahead with Cardiff although I am reluctant and have a feeling that its a small town and many not be that good as bigger cities.
b) Continue with Leeds Int Yr 1 Intl Relations and after 3-years of undergard do GDL course to progression into LLB/Law.
c) To do the foundaiton for UoManchester and next year progress towards LLB law first year.

think that although both of first two options are good, it makes sense to accept the LLB.
Cardiff isn’t so small and, because it’s a regional capital, it hosts sporting and cultural events that are significant
( be it rugby or Beyoncé!)
The course and duration are paramount.
(edited 7 months ago)
Unless you have made friends at Leeds you do not want to leave behind, go Cardiff.

Manchester is not an option here.
Reply 3
I did a BA in politics at Cardiff Uni & an LLB Law from Uni of Leeds :-

Cardiff is a buzzing city - so much to do so I wouldn't rule it out based on the city.

I would say do law at Cardiff, it is a russell group university and take it from me, you want to avoid doing so many years at university as it can really mentally exhaust you!
Original post by engjaw

I am a bit confused.

Cardiff is the capital of Wales. It is a fantastic city. Safe, cultured, great social buzz and pretty multicultural and otherwise diverse. It has all the arty crafty, sporty stuff that you would expect from a capital city and has a vibrant music scene. Top flight shops and restaurants. Three separate unis in close proximity, and Cardiff uni is in a lovely location near to the city centre and walkable easily.

the courses are a different matter, but don’t discount Cardiff because of the size of the city. It’s smaller but mighty!
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by MedMama
think that although both of first two options are good, it makes sense to accept the LLB.
Cardiff isn’t so small and, because it’s a regional capital, it hosts sporting and cultural events that are significant
( be it rugby or Beyoncé!)
The course and duration are paramount.

I agree with all of this except “regional” 😂. You will be banned from crossing the border if you go repeating that MedMama !
Original post by George&Mary44!
I agree with all of this except “regional” 😂. You will be banned from crossing the border if you go repeating that MedMama !

😊 country ! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending