The Student Room Group

Do Russel groups accept BTEC?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mny.launder
if two equal applicants, equal ps, work experience, race etc, have applied, one with alevels, and the other with btecs. 90% of the time, the alevel holder will gain access.

I do a combination of two a levels, 1 BTEC and 1 vocational, in addition to my EPQ.
Original post by taliakk
Hey there, I study psychology at King's and got in with two A Levels (including psychology which was listed as one of the required subjects) and a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma. For my particular course this aligned with the entry requirements on the website. I also had an offer from UCL based on one A Level and my BTEC, but again it depends on the course and its specific requirements. I would just say don't be discouraged, it is absolutely possible. And I think doing a BTEC which is directly related to the degree can actually demonstrate more practical experience than A Levels which you could emphasise in your application. Best of luck!

Edit: keep in mind there may be different requirements based on how many credits your BTECs consist of, for example mine was a two year course and I got D*D*D*.

That's great, congratulations.

I am predicted 3 A*'s and 2 D*'s in total - over 200 UCAS points
Original post by taliakk
Hey there, I study psychology at King's and got in with two A Levels (including psychology which was listed as one of the required subjects) and a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma. For my particular course this aligned with the entry requirements on the website. I also had an offer from UCL based on one A Level and my BTEC, but again it depends on the course and its specific requirements. I would just say don't be discouraged, it is absolutely possible. And I think doing a BTEC which is directly related to the degree can actually demonstrate more practical experience than A Levels which you could emphasise in your application. Best of luck!

Edit: keep in mind there may be different requirements based on how many credits your BTECs consist of, for example mine was a two year course and I got D*D*D*.

What was your other a level subject and what were your maths and english GCSE results like? I’m also planning on doing Psychology at King’s but I do A-level Psychology, BTEC level 3 applied science and A Level Biology and even though it states that they accept 2 A-Levels and a BTEC on their entry requirements, I was hesitant on whether I actually had a chance of getting in there.
Original post by celalaksu27
I know Russel groups claim they accept BTEC, however, do they actually?

For example, I want to go to kings or Nottingham for computer science and I do

A level Psychology (A/A*
A level Turkish (A/A*
BTEC computer science (D*)
Business Studies (D*)
EPQ (A/A*)

Is it likely for me to get an offer or will the fact that I do two BTEC’s pull my application down?

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/computer-science-bsc

king accept btecs,

and because of the grades you got your chances are probably even higher

Quick Reply

Latest