The Student Room Group

British Black Girl here, ask your questions

I did this for people with genuine questions, not for people to express their ✨self hate✨❤️

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I did this for people with genuine questions, not for people to express their ✨self hate✨❤️

do u ever feel like it's you against the world? as a black guy, having grown up in 'white' areas and gone to 'white' schools I've never really met a lot of black people, and I get that feeling. but is it a universal thing?
What's your dating life like?
Reply 3
Have you experienced colourism?
How do you feel about everyone (particularly white people) constantly telling you you're oppressed and that because of the colour of your skin you'll always be below white people?
Reply 5
do u ever feel like it's you against the world? as a black guy, having grown up in 'white' areas and gone to 'white' schools I've never really met a lot of black people, and I get that feeling. but is it a universal thing?

Sorry it took me so long, So I went to a white primary school (as in there were two black people out of 60 kids) so yes I did experience some racism there, then I went to a multicultural secondary school best years of my life but then I got into a private school and majority of people there were white and yes I did feel like not that they were against me but I was strange and exotic to them, like they would ask me the most stupid questions
Reply 6
What's your dating life like?

Urmmmmm right now to try to focus on my studies.
Reply 7
Original post by jae jae
Have you experienced colourism?

Not exactly, just microaggressions or full blown out racism
Reply 8
Original post by issawrap
How do you feel about everyone (particularly white people) constantly telling you you're oppressed and that because of the colour of your skin you'll always be below white people?

I mean in Britain the gap between the social classes is shocking, but I try not to let my skin colour be an excuse for me not to try to go to higher places in life.
As for white people every single person I meet is different and despite my experiences I try to keep a clear mind.
What do you think about being labelled as 'BAME'?
Original post by glassalice

what the hell does that mean lol.
Original post by EpicStudentous
what the hell does that mean lol.

Anyone who isn't white.
Have you had your head in the sand for the last year? Lol.
Anyone who isn't white.
Have you had your head in the sand for the last year? Lol.

im a gamer thats all i do discord and game

I mean I know there are some people who dislike the term because it just groups everyone together rather than taking the time to identify the separate cultures and differences but personally the idea behind the name really means well because it means that people are finally realising that people of colour are at a disadvantage whether they like it or not
Original post by EpicStudentous
im a gamer thats all i do discord and game

What about studies?
Black girls are stunning. I love dark chocolate. Extra melanin.

Do you like white boys?
Original post by Don Raul
Black girls are stunning. I love dark chocolate. Extra melanin.

Do you like white boys?

:hmmm:
I mean this with ALL THE RESPECT WITHIN ME. Just wondering, are UK black girls as bootylicious as US black girls? Just wondering.
Original post by KewlKitten04
:hmmm:

But you are black baby. You know I love you only,:bubbles: Well you are light skin. But still.
Original post by Don Raul
But you are black baby. You know I love you only,:bubbles: Well you are light skin. But still.

:blush::heart:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending