The Student Room Group

How competitive is BSc occupational therapy?

Does anyone know the applicants to places ratio?
Thanks!
Reply 1
I don’t know the ratio, but from personal experience I got in on my second attempt! I believe the courses are quite competitive, but not all in an academic manner, in my experience I had good grades but had to strengthen my understanding of OT and show how I would suit it etc, to be accepted.
Reply 2
Original post by esp99
I don’t know the ratio, but from personal experience I got in on my second attempt! I believe the courses are quite competitive, but not all in an academic manner, in my experience I had good grades but had to strengthen my understanding of OT and show how I would suit it etc, to be accepted.

Hey, thanks for your reply. Would it be alright if I asked where you applied to, and where you studied/are studying now? And did you have work experience before applying the first time?
Reply 3
Hi, no problem! I applied to the part time course at Brighton which I have been accepted onto and will start in September. I took a couple years out but I did my a levels a few years ago and got ABB. I didn't have specific OT work experience, but I did really have to strengthen my knowledge of it and mention relevant experiences / skills that I have developed.
Reply 4
Original post by esp99
Hi, no problem! I applied to the part time course at Brighton which I have been accepted onto and will start in September. I took a couple years out but I did my a levels a few years ago and got ABB. I didn't have specific OT work experience, but I did really have to strengthen my knowledge of it and mention relevant experiences / skills that I have developed.

Ah, thanks. I'm in year 12 at the moment and partly because covid, haven't been able to get specific work experience. Hope you enjoy the course!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending