The Student Room Group

The ESU SSE Program

I am in year 12 at the moment and I was wondering whether anyone has been on it between year 13 and uni and what they thought about it? I am interested in going in a couple of years but I want to know what it really entails!!
Reply 1
Original post by 3cutecats
I am in year 12 at the moment and I was wondering whether anyone has been on it between year 13 and uni and what they thought about it? I am interested in going in a couple of years but I want to know what it really entails!!

Hi,
I went on this in 2018-2019 and absolutely loved it, definitely recommend! Message me if you have any further questions
Original post by 3rin
Hi,
I went on this in 2018-2019 and absolutely loved it, definitely recommend! Message me if you have any further questions

HI
I am about to have an interview for 2022 next week. It would be great if we could have a chat
. Eg what sort of thing are given for the group discussion, and should it be debated or we all just talk?
Reply 3
Original post by Mr Darcy.123
HI
I am about to have an interview for 2022 next week. It would be great if we could have a chat
. Eg what sort of thing are given for the group discussion, and should it be debated or we all just talk?

Hi, the group discussion was straight forward - we were given 2 topics to discuss and 10 minutes to choose 1 and prepare a discussion. I think one of ours was something to do with private vs public schools. Debate/discussion is what they are looking for - I think as long as you aren’t overbearing but not too quiet, you will be fine. If you notice anyone being quiet in your group, perhaps ask them for their thoughts. Try not to interrupt anyone etc, just general conversation etiquette.

Quick Reply

Latest