The Student Room Group

Nursing Interview

Hello everyone! :smile:

I have finally got my interview through for my Nursing! However I am feeling nervous... anyone have any tips for the interview or how to relax about it.
Already started doing all my prep but feel its not enough... help :smile:
Original post by Courtney JM
Hello everyone! :smile:

I have finally got my interview through for my Nursing! However I am feeling nervous... anyone have any tips for the interview or how to relax about it.
Already started doing all my prep but feel its not enough... help :smile:

hiya! first off I'd like to say a big congratulations to you for getting your interview - it's definitely not an easy thing to do, especially in a pandemic. I personally haven't had nursing interviews but I have done medicine interviews online so I hope I can give you a good insight regardless.

1) have a good setup - make sure your background is neutral and has good lighting, so don't have your back to a window, for example, and adjust your seat and device if possible so that you are eye-level with the webcam. small things but trust me - they do help make a good first impression! also make sure to test your webcam, internet connection, microphone and sound, and if possible, test the software you're going to use - e.g. make sure to have Teams or Zoom or whatever you need downloaded (if you need to download something) and go to Settings to test your device.

2) definitely have a glass of water beside you - your throat might often get dry and you can also buy yourself a few seconds by taking a sip here and there.

3) give yourself a few seconds to think before answering a question - five seconds to you will feel wayyyy longer than it will to the interviewer so please don't be afraid to think!

4) reflect on your experiences and don't just list off what you've done. they want to see motivation, evidence of a caring, compassionate nature, resilience, communication; they want to see that you have an insight into the career you've applied for.

5) before the interview, take some deep breaths and do anything that will put you in a good mood - walk around a bit, dance, mindfulness, pray, breathe in some fresh air, etc.
also make sure you have everything you need and your start time is correct.

6) after the interview, write your feelings down and know that you should be proud of yourself regardless of how you think it went, because you're simply not in the best position to judge how well you did - the interviewers are.

I wish you all the best of luck! they wouldn't have given you an interview if they didn't already want you so prove to them why they're right :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending