The Student Room Group

Blog of a Final Year (BA Hons) Social Work Student!

Hello, everyone!

I hope that you are keeping safe and well during these strange times.

I have been actively looking at this website for a while now, and I finally decided to stop procrastinating and make an account myself.

I am yet to see a 'Day in the Life' / 'What I study' / 'Job Application process' for Social Work as of yet - so I thought I would make one!

I am currently in my final year of studying Social Work, and as you can imagine I have a lot of university deadlines looming, with applying for positions, finishing my last placement, and finding time to relax. This will be a blog to post about my journey / keep me on track as I finally come to the end of my degree! (I apologise in advance if my blog is not the prettiest or the most eye catching, I am afraid I am not very technologically gifted in that regard.)

In terms of what is happening for me right now in terms of my final year, I am:
- Beginning my application process to graduate positions. (I have had my first interview for a post, but unfortunately I was unsuccessful. I did gain positive feedback, however - and rejection is redirection!)

- Completing my final University Placement.

- Completing my final year of University.

- Continuing applying for positions!

I am also an avid lover of ' to - do lists', and famous for writing everything down and then looking and complaining how much I have left to do! However, today on my 'To Do List', I have...

- Complete my portfolio for my final placement.
- Complete a first draft of my first university assignment for final year (to be submitted within the coming week!)
- Continue applying for graduate positions!

This blog is mainly so that I can hold myself accountable to what I have done, as with placement finishing I am going to be at home a lot more over the next couple of months with only my University work left outstanding!

If you have any questions / would like guidance on the Social Work Interview Process / getting into University, please do not hesitate to comment!

To end my first blog post, I have chosen the my username 'Freddie_Mercury' as he is one of my absolute favourite singers... are there any other Queen Fans? :smile:

Kind Regards,

Freddie _ Mercury.
Hi, everyone!

This is blog post number two!

Unfortunately, I did not manage to get all of the tasks that I wanted to complete finished... and my placement ended quite recently! I have decided to focus my time on both applying for graduate positions, and also completing the mountain of university work - whilst at the same time spending time with my family and friends (all be it virtually at the moment!) I have been thinking about what to buy my Mum for Mothers Day this year, but as per usual I left it until the last minute! I think that being at university during these strange times is odd being at home... I am finding motivation very tricky to master!

However, today I have decided to do the bare minimum, after all it is Friday and I have lectures to prepare for next week when (online) teaching resumes!

By next week, I would have liked to have accomplished:

- Making notes on the first lecture of my second semester!
- Completing the pre - reading before the seminars of the lectures (something I have always left until the last minute before!)
- Complete a first draft of my latest assignment to hand in.
- Finalise my first presentation script to hand in.

Let's see how well I do this week! :smile:

Freddie_Mercury. (Freddie Mercury Fan)

Quick Reply

Latest