The Student Room Group

I failed 2 modules in foundation year

I keep saying to myself failure is part of success but I feel like it's not true. I failed my maths and programming modules worth 15 credits each and I feel like I'm going to get nowhere in life I am so stressed and depressed especially lately since I finished watching Lost and it was an amazing experience. But is failing 2 modules normal

And about the resit. Will there a be fee or charge to resit the module. Will I have a tutor or am I on my own. Is the assignment / module structure going to be different ie the assignment brief is changed and structured in another way
Original post by Basil_1822
I keep saying to myself failure is part of success but I feel like it's not true. I failed my maths and programming modules worth 15 credits each and I feel like I'm going to get nowhere in life I am so stressed and depressed especially lately since I finished watching Lost and it was an amazing experience. But is failing 2 modules normal

And about the resit. Will there a be fee or charge to resit the module. Will I have a tutor or am I on my own. Is the assignment / module structure going to be different ie the assignment brief is changed and structured in another way

Depends on your local rules so you need to check with your course handbook or personal tutor. I would expect there to be no fee for a September resit if the course is exam based its not like A levels, but it will also be down to you to prepare yourself. Don’t expect any contact with tutors over the Summer, undergrad teaching is officially "over" then and its when research, grant writing, MSc projects and prep for new courses etc needs to get done. The university will expect that you already have everything you need, past exams, lecture notes etc so its up to you to revise the material and do practice papers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending