The Student Room Group

What is your current reputation points?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ANM775
I am not impressed with high rep counts. Most people who have high rep only have high rep because they've posted a lot. Looking at their post count will tell you this.

What I am impressed by is rep to post ratio. To get this take your rep count and divide by your total number of posts. eg: a rep count of 16,000 and a post count of 10000 would give you 1.6

a ratio of 1 or less is mediocre imo
a ratio of between 1 and 2 is not bad imo
a ratio of between 2 and 3 is good imo
a ratio of between 3 and 4 is excellent imo
a ratio of 4+ is insane imo

If you got to 12 reps in less than 7k posts that is extremely impressive.

I think the person on TSR with the best post to rep ratio is serah.exe
what's more she did it several years ago which would have been harder due to the fact that people had less reps to dish out (as obviously the further back in time you go, the less gems people had, so their reps gave less)

Ahaha that's so smart. Mine is 3.2
Reply 81
Original post by Qxi.xli
Ahaha that's so smart. Mine is 3.2

Excellent :wink:

Even though I have lots more rep than you, I'd say you are more impressive as mine is 2.18
Original post by ANM775
I am not impressed with high rep counts. Most people who have high rep only have high rep because they've posted a lot. Looking at their post count will tell you this.

What I am impressed by is rep to post ratio. To get this take your rep count and divide by your total number of posts. eg: a rep count of 16,000 and a post count of 10000 would give you 1.6

what's more she did it several years ago which would have been harder due to the fact that people had less reps to dish out (as obviously the further back in time you go, the less gems people had, so their reps gave less)

It was actually easier several years ago because there were more active users so while the overall rep power was slightly low there were more people to get rep from.
Original post by ANM775

Honestly I wouldn’t even try analysing it this far.

when i make what i view as a good post it often gets +0 or +1 points because it’s normally in universities or ucas forum and its a new user who may not even know how to rep. Yet when I make a satirical comment on something controversial or politics related often it gets lots of reps often from higher gem users.
Original post by ANM775

I got 2.17647362 so similar to you :smile:
Original post by _gcx

Where is the decimal point :confused:
11573. Feeling totally unloved over here :frown::redface:
Original post by harrysbar
Where is the decimal point :confused:

for better readability, 35,595. No way I'd have 300k lol
Original post by _gcx
for better readability, 35,595. No way I'd have 300k lol

If that is your rep count, you now need to divide it by your number of posts, then you will get a number that starts 1. or 2. or 3.
If that is your rep count, you now need to divide it by your number of posts, then you will get a number that starts 1. or 2. or 3.

is that what we're counting? lol. didn't read past the first page before posting. per post 2.26
Original post by ANM775

You do know you can delete your posts right....
Original post by ANM775

2.6, I am doing alright.

(Totally not plotting a rep mine thread)
Reply 93

I think serah.exe's was at least 4 ... maybe even 5
Original post by _gcx
is that what we're counting? lol. didn't read past the first page before posting. per post 2.26

Ah that's your rep to post ratio yes, similar to mine just slightly better
Reply 95
Original post by glassalice
2.6, I am doing alright.

(Totally not plotting a rep mine thread)

Yeah, at a quick glance that looks about right :wink:
Original post by ANM775
I think serah.exe's was at least 4 ... maybe even 5

well I never knew her but she must have been a legend!

I'm 2.3 on this methodology
--
I still think where you post has a bigger influence, then quality of post.
Reply 98
Original post by CaptainDuckie
You do know you can delete your posts right....

I think people delete the odd post here and there, but I doubt anybody has deleted enough to massively sway their ratio
Original post by mnot
I'm 2.3 on this methodology
--
I still think where you post has a bigger influence, then quality of post.

Yes I agree, I get more reps on Chat then Debate & Current Affairs that's for sure.

All I normally get on there is a roasting :ashamed2:

Quick Reply

Latest