The Student Room Group

A level geography

Hi, has anyone got any study tips for learning the geography content. My exam board is edexcel and the text book is so wordy
Reply 1
I'm also studying A level Geography(Edexcel) and I'm also finding it hard to revise everything(there's soo much content!). I'm in 2nd year now learning the final topic, but I need to start looking over and revising topics we learnt last year.
Reply 2
Original post by RLH17
I'm also studying A level Geography(Edexcel) and I'm also finding it hard to revise everything(there's soo much content!). I'm in 2nd year now learning the final topic, but I need to start looking over and revising topics we learnt last year.

Yes there's way too much for me to remember ah! I'm also second year but worried as I know my teachers will set exams when we go back next week. How are you planning to revise?
Reply 3
I find alot of the textbooks give too many examples, learn a few case studies in detail rather than the textbooks many broad examples
Reply 4
Original post by cloud_09
Yes there's way too much for me to remember ah! I'm also second year but worried as I know my teachers will set exams when we go back next week. How are you planning to revise?

I think/ hope my next assessments are around Easter - so I've still got some time to revise. I think I will start by reading my notes and creating simpler notes or mindmaps.
The advice I was given is to have detailed case studies that can be applied in multiple ways. A lot of the exams are definitely about using a lot more detail which is why it's quite a step up from GCSE
I'm having the same issues -I do AQA. Does anyone have any revision methods that they think work particularly well for revising geography? not necessarily just about the case-studies
Reply 7
Original post by HBar12
I find alot of the textbooks give too many examples, learn a few case studies in detail rather than the textbooks many broad examples

Thank you, I like that idea
Reply 8
Original post by RLH17
I think/ hope my next assessments are around Easter - so I've still got some time to revise. I think I will start by reading my notes and creating simpler notes or mindmaps.

Yeah mind maps can be good
Reply 9
Original post by jemima0103
The advice I was given is to have detailed case studies that can be applied in multiple ways. A lot of the exams are definitely about using a lot more detail which is why it's quite a step up from GCSE

Gosh that would made it a lot easier, I don't suppose you have any examples?
Original post by lollliiiii
I'm having the same issues -I do AQA. Does anyone have any revision methods that they think work particularly well for revising geography? not necessarily just about the case-studies

Same, do u want to be study buddies? im in y13

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending